OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

trouble in taylor

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
1/4 Life Crisis

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 2:41 am    Post subject: trouble in taylor Reply with quote

the fish cops are out crusin the peace and the pine (they will not go up the moberley)
they are in a 16ft shuman hull green in color so be warry.
just got busted on the pine with some friends with a cooler with beer in it. Rolling Eyes
good day gone bad.

ps they had a chopper waiting in the woods so running is out
Dano

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya. Let's spend the tax payers money on river boaters who like to have a beer while boating. Hello people. There are real criminals wondering around out there. Maybe our finest should be concentrating on that problem.
shallow draft

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Put a small tent in your boat and a few staples that are needed for camping. When you get checked you can say you are on your way to a campsite for the nite. You are allowed to carry liquor to you campsite as it will be your home. They teach these guys to ask the right questions to trap you. Like "are you out for the day"?. correct answer is "no I am going to camp". I was out quading and obviously not camping and the question comes... "Are you camping here"? I thought it was a strange question as this forestry quad cop had just checked us in the morning at our trailer. These guys have a quota to fill just like the rest of the mobile tax collectors. They know that on a day trip you cannot have liquor in your quad but if you are going to camp it becomes a very grey area that is not worth the hassel. Just make sure that by the time you stop your boat that your Beer/thermal cup or what have you is empty and out of site..
Also don't volinteer any more info than absoulutly nessesary. Be vague on you destination and even where you put in. You have to beat these guys at their own game.
Xerophobic

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've been discussing this topic to death this summer as my buddy just bought a 32' sea ray. Its so vague you have no idea!

Unless there is some case law they use the liquor licence act(here anyway) has no "special" provisions for boats at all. You merely using a 'residence' permit like you would at home or as you say when camping. How the cops insist you need permanent cooking facilities etc etc on the water is beyond me. Campsites don't have that nor do they have permamnent washrooms. I don't get it and would love the chance to fight one in court. Of course the tickets are always from some remote place thats a huge pain to go to court for but if I ever get one I may see what I can do. Seems silly to me.
I can make my tunnel as much of a residence as any campsite by sticking a cuddy in it, a bbq and putting a portapotty in the back seat!

Is it illegal to drink in your house if you take the stove/microwave out?????

MidwetJetSprint

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jump thru the hoops less we forget the small amouts of morons that still insit on drinking and boating and have caused accidents.The kid 2 doors down lost his leg to a drunk boater the cops think that the owner of the caused the wreck(he was blind drunk)but switched places with his buddy.
Letting his buddy take the rap this way he didn`t lose anything with the pending lawsuit.Depends how you look at it cops doing his job jack boot thug because his higher up are the one pulling his strings can`t win Cheers

steelheadfreak

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you guys for real? Beers and boating dont mix people. I like to have a cold one on a hot day just as much as the next guy but not if Im driving the boat. I mean if there are 6 guys in the boat and a six pack thats one thing, but a case? Not a good idea. Im with the coppers on this one guys. Just dont hold it agaist me. Wink
Xerophobic

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

right just for the record I don't believe in drinking if Im going to be boating either but what I don't get is getting in trouble for transporting sealed containers in any size boat based on something the cops have no right to ask (where you are going/staying etc)

Cheers

mike.elmes

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love to have a couple of beers and boat. I seldom go boating without a few cool ones. I can drink responsibly....equal to drinking and driving a car...Like anything MODERATION is the key. Come on guys, this isn't like flying a plane....I would guess 75% of the guys on this forum would have a few drinks and go for a rip. Wink
1/4 Life Crisis

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 1:16 am    Post subject: moose hunting in a 16 ft step tech Reply with quote

guys it's not just about the beer these guys are
out for vengence shure it might be hunting season
but on sunday we stoped at a campsite for lunch
and the fish cops pulled in beside us and striped
the boat looking for guns&amo they took the
stuffing out of the back seats, lifted the hatch,
looked under the bow. It was just me and
a friend out skiding some gravel bars
runnin skinny.mabey if we were over 25 yrs
old it might have gone diffrent, but bieng a
kid with a nice boat the attitude is that your
up to no good. The only other people that
got stoped and checked had a carcass
go figure! Evil or Very Mad
BLOWN INCOME

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree on the no drinkin /boating policy but there has to be moderation and control out there.These jacked up green boys only go for the gold during the hunting season,So let them do there job (over and beyond the call)Gees give a guy a side arm and watch him turn into a prick right before your eyes.There job is to make sure the rules are followed,but we know there out there with there listening devices(happened ice fishin once 2 me)and there big egos.
BLOWN INCOME

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ohhhhhhhhhhhh for the record every trip i go out boating i always bring a tasty beverage...no angel here.....i also bring food,life jackets....and the cook lol
WILSON

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

75% is a rather conservative figure. I believe the proportion is on the high 90's.
mike.elmes

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll drink to that......here here!! Laughing Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: