OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bow river....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Noisy Norah

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 10:59 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Sounds good!
i will try to take mine out next weekend and give it it's first river run. if any body makes it out there i might tag along with somebody that knows the river, it would probably be better for me to start slow

thanks guys

Frank
Noisy Norah

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:06 pm    Post subject: Sunday run Reply with quote

Hello everyone,
Awesome time, beautiful river ,lots of flow.Thanks to James for showing me the ropes. Too bad it got cut short by a wall of rocks it was awesome regardless.

Thanks James!!! i'll put pictures as soon as i can
Xerophobic

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:57 pm    Post subject: Horseshoe Canyon complete! Reply with quote

Well we FINALLY made the full run from Ghost Lake to the power dam at Seebe (the Horseshoe Plant) referred to as Horseshoe Canyon by the rafting guys. Enough flow last weekend to get up the triple shelf (nicknamed "wall street" by someone I talked to) that had been stopping me all other times and then off to the rapid thru the gap in the photos. Thats one big a#$ rapid!

Bit hard to get detailed info on the rafting sites as to which is which but I beleive they are rating it a class IV. I sure wouldnt want to make a mistake and try to float down it! Lots of volume flowing thru there, huge holes and BIG rocks.

We scoped out our line thru for a while but I didnt get any pictures from shore. Had the helmet cam running both up and down tho and the footage looks pretty good. Coming down visibility is a bit lacking and at one stage you may as well be driving over the brink of Niagara Falls for all you can see below you. Bit unerving not being able to see exactly what you're dropping into. A very successful morning run and I didnt tag once up or down, definitely lots of flow.

Bumped into a couple on the lower river with a Harbercraft on just their second time out, I think(if you're reading this shoot me a PM with your #)

We trailered the boat and spent the afternoon running the upper Bow from the Kanaskis Dam up(the two dams are a few miles apart on the same stretch of river) Also lots of flow there and still have yet to explore even half the options thru Dead Mans Flats. There are just channels everywhere.

Up thru Ekshaw and Canmore to the edge of the park, a great run overall and if you stuck to the main channels in Dead Mans I'd say doable in almost any size of jetboat, at this time of year anyway

IMG00254-20090614-1453r.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  82.2 KB
 Viewed:  18390 Time(s)

IMG00254-20090614-1453r.JPG

IMG00257-20090614-1820r.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  82.84 KB

IMG00257-20090614-1820r.JPG

IMG00259-20090614-1822r.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  92.92 KB

IMG00259-20090614-1822r.JPG

Kev-o

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get some more pics up James, Wicked Dam pic.

Kev-o

Parker77

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for posting the pics and the info! I've been up the bow a few times, but only ever made it to that triple rock shelf you talk about. I think i just might have to drag my boat over from revy in the next few weeks and check out the upper bow for myself! Smile
Xerophobic

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Parker77 wrote:
Thanks for posting the pics and the info! I've been up the bow a few times, but only ever made it to that triple rock shelf you talk about. I think i just might have to drag my boat over from revy in the next few weeks and check out the upper bow for myself! Smile

Fire me your contact info in a PM and maybe we can do a run, there seems to be alot more jets down here in the Calgary area than one would think once you start looking.

Xerophobic

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

a few teaser pics from the video for Kev-o....

Rapid11r.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  46.6 KB
 Viewed:  18228 Time(s)

Rapid11r.JPG

Rapid9r.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  62.5 KB

Rapid9r.JPG

Rapid2r.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  54.15 KB

Rapid2r.JPG

Rapid6r.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  48.22 KB

Rapid6r.JPG

Rapid3r.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  47.98 KB

Rapid3r.JPG

big block

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hope to have my boat out on sunday so might see me up that way Mr. Green
joker66

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:37 am    Post subject: Make it out last week Reply with quote

Did you make it out last week James? I was out on the weekend but the only people I ran into had badges and were on PWC's...
Noisy Norah

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone done the bow river by cochrane lately???
big block

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noisy Norah wrote:
Anyone done the bow river by cochrane lately???

was in at cochrane on saturday, whent down into bearspaw and fished for the afternoon, the river seems a bit low but nothing a little throttle could not fix haha Laughing
Kev-o

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard James and a buddy had a rather large rock thrown at them by an ASSCLOWN! this past weekend, Too bad these meatheads don't realize how f*#$ing stupid this is.
Xerophobic

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup its all a legal/criminal matter now, talk about a bonehead. Im sure baldy can attest to how dangerous this sh$t can be. We were lucky. The rock struck my boat just right of center where the cowling meets the deck and I'd estimate it was 35+ lbs. Thrown from about 8 feet to the side of us just as we crested and dropped into a chute on the Kananaskis. Very scary moment as we could obviosuly not swerve or slow down, couldnt do anything but duck and pray. We were both honestly stunned the tool actually let go, we thought it would be the "fake throw" thing.

Utterly and completely impossible to understand hwo people mentally justify this type of thing in their minds. We are very lucky we didnt get really hurt.

We ran the K because Ghost lake and the river looked wicked shallow, even worse than a month ago (when we hit a ton of rocks) The launch at Seebe also looked unusable because it goes out so far before it drops off.
K was running fine , lots of water just a real moron to ruin a nice day on the water. The man made sections of the river are surprisingly deep but I would caution anyone right now, dont bother with it. legal or not(it is) there are way too many idiots on that river.

Arthur
Outlaw Eagle Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That really blows man....no way to turn around and whoop some ass? Did he run like a girl afterwards? Sounds like a very dangerous situation.....

On a side note HAPPY BIRTHDAY XERO !!!
big block

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah thats a shity deal james good no one got hurt, theres a fair share of of people around here that think us boaters should not be on the river, i got the evil look and wave from some douch in a canoe not the first time haha so i just gave her some more throttle, open pipes are loud Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: