OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rocky Mountain House Boat Launch closed
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stump thumper

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the update. Since I intend to use the launch wherever it may be I will try to help any way I can to fight the good fight!!
Schmidb

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:31 am    Post subject: ROCKY LAUNCH Reply with quote

Well for shits and grins I did E mail Rocky chamber and told them my wife and I were heading thru Rocky and North looking for a good place to lauch in the Rocky area. I recieved a reply which is word for word below. The Good luck at the end seems fairly truthful!
Razz

I will not go as far as say that there is a good river boat launch in Rocky, but a lot of people do use it for river boats. It is a busy place for canoes and river boats coming and going. This boat launch is located on the east side of the North Sask river and Hwy 11a, beside the water treatment plant. There is no charge and it does have a cement bottom. There is a definite need to construct another one.
There are a few campgrounds within 5km of this boat launch, Crimson Lake, Twin Lakes, and River view. Crimson and Twin being Provincial, River View is private and that being the closest. We have one campground in Town “ Centennial” which is small and is really only set up for tents and small trailers. This is less than one km from the boat launch.
If I were choosing a campground I would go to Crimson Lake, make sure you make reservations. I only live about 5km from Crimson and myself and the family usually camp out at this campground at least once a year, sounds crazy when I live so close, and live out on an acreage.
And if you go further a field there are lot’s more campgrounds.

Good luck

Lee Chambers

Lee Chambers
Director - Recreation, Parks & Community Services
Box 1509
Rocky Mtn. House, AB T4T 1B2
Phone: (403) 845-3720
Fax: (403) 845-2028
Email: lchambers@rockymtnhouse.com

shallow draft

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only cement bottom on that side of the river is the large sharp rocks and waste cement there that tears up boat bottoms and trailers.
The Town should be embarassed by this piss poor dangerous excuse for a boat launch.

sroney

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say a good heavy sling and 1 tonne truck would be all you need to get the launch re-opened. if anyone asks just play the stupid card say it was open when you got there!
shallow draft

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sur boaters would be greatfull if someone could make that happen. other than one of the ones already under the cloud of suspisition
Rock Skipper

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:26 pm    Post subject: Rocky launch Reply with quote

Launched at Rocky on the weekend, took me more than an hour to find a spot, but got her in. The enterance to the ramp at the water treatment plant was blocked by 3 big rigs. Seen a few car parked by the ramp, someone sure didn't want boats to launch for what ever reason. Had to go over to the bridge on Hwy. 11 (east side of river) was bearly able to venture off the Hwy (not very safe, but made it). Slowly drove along washed out road to bridge area, slowly drove under the bridge and found some back water deep enough and just wide enough to float the boat off the trailer. Was a pain in the ass to get there, but got her in, and was worth the effort. Nice part of the river up to the Ram. Didn't see an other jets, just lots of paddlers everywhere.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: