OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FT ASSINIBOINE POKER RALLY

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Schmidb

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:31 pm    Post subject: FT ASSINIBOINE POKER RALLY Reply with quote

Well, this is the first Rally for this boat, my wife and I. We met alot of great people and had a blast. The Owners, staff and volunteers made this Fund raising event a full meal deal, great place to stay thumbs up to all of you that put this together.
The first stop to add to the poker hand was a feast of shrimp, on the way back the main sponsors, turned off the filming ensuring no other makes made the advertising(whatever we and others are there for the event) Second card stop oysters again fantastic, off to the third stop, sishkabob again great food Westlock in chef koodos to U. AGAIN GREAT JOB TO ALL VOLUNTEERS AND THE OWNERS see u next year.

Now on a slightly lower side of the flag pole we left the shiskabob stop along with a big Thunder jet to pick up people and gear from the last card stop, during this little run back to the last stop (the oysters) the boat with the five members of the main sponsors boat comes up from behind we gave them room as we should its a wide river but we still need a little deeper water as does the Thunderjet, the five go by and hang slightly in front, then across the front of us to the other side, lots of room elswhere. So thinking this is a one time event, it happens a few more accidental times as they look back to see what is going to become of the 20ft clearwater, my wife has just become used to the river a little different than the lake. Now we are doing 30 plus over the piss wake of my new found upper friends of the main sponsor who one being the VP of the ' main sponser' Enough being enough, finally lost my funny bone and began telling the wife when we hit shore she is to stay in the boat, peanut behind the wheel is going down.. well she informed me quite bluntly even though peanut behnd the wheel is just that, this is a charity event and this will not happen, if it does enjoy the back of the boat for the next while here and at home. You know she was right, I thought about it the last few minutes on the water and kept my thoughts and actions in check.
I just wanted to thank this supposedly adult group and peanut in one of the main sponsors boats for helping my wife not overcome her nevousness on the river, good going guys and gal.
I thought it was an slight oversight on the driver with the first cut across until it happened a few times and seeing your lovely faces looking back at us to see if we were going to go to far in to the shallow so we could pose for a little group pic? but that didn't happen Sorry boys and girl.
Any way, what we did bring back is memories, and we love to share them with many many other people.
The couple who were on the Thunderjet seemed to have the same memories of that same boat funny shit isnt it, must be our imagination right Warren and Helena!
I also did make an new amendment, NEXT TIME I'LL SLEEP 0N THE BOAT!

Bryan and Teresa Schmidt

GREAT ADVERTISING!

Last edited by Schmidb on Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:49 am; edited 2 times in total
sandman

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who won the boat??
Arthur
Outlaw Eagle Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Schmidt.....I too was at the rally and aside for a lower # of boats than I expected, it was well orginized and a very good feast. The shrimp was some of the best I've had, the oyster WERE the best I've had, and the kabob's were awesome.

As for your issue I can only assume you are refering to Tim....the owner of Gibbons Motor Toys. Not sure what he was up too, but I will assure you he is a stand up guy. He helped get me unstuck and back on step last year when I gave up all hope. He also was one of the first guys to wade up to his knees in the river to check on somebody's boat that had charging problems(an EDGE at that) and was balls deep in the engine dept before I could make it over there and say hi. I'm glad your wife put her foot down and I'm sure it was un-intentional. It's great to see a rally done so well and it's good for everyone involved. I hope one day the guy's that make the best boats in the world can 1up this and get another MUST DO rally together. [/i]
Arthur
Outlaw Eagle Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sandman wrote:
Who won the boat??

Never heard, but it's a pretty safe bet that it's a 1 and a 1,000,000 chance. Not good at math, but they draw a hand at the end of the rally and if it matches yours exactly, than it's yours! The odds are slim, but the potential is there....great intiative and advertising!!! I won a couple things and had a blast! Never had the steak and lobster, but went home with a full belly.
Schmidb

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:26 am    Post subject: Boat Reply with quote

Boat did not go, still in thier inventory. Not sure what was up either like I say they were given lots of river but didnt want it. Whatever, it was a great event.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: