OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fort Mac
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arthur
Outlaw Eagle Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:08 am    Post subject: Fort Mac Reply with quote

Working around Anzac and I am having to run home on the 24th for a wedding. Thinking about bringing my boat back to check out the river around town. Anybody have any input on site's to see or which direction leads to what? I will have limited time and won't be on the water till 6pm so it would be a 3-4 hr evening run.

Directions to the launch would be great too....I found it a few years back, but when I looked a couple months ago it wasn't in the same place I thought.(booze kills brain cells)
WKIDTOY

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snye launch head north from Anzac on 63 till you get to Earls in town 4th set of lights i think, turn right, go straight until you see water launch is along the river. there are two or three more but its the easiest to find. Up river seems to be to most common route when i go down river i usually put in at Shell Landing but its over an hour north of town. as for the sights i only got my boat about 10 months and have not been up to far, hope its of some help.
Arthur
Outlaw Eagle Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah big help....I think I was looking for that launch near Walmart and Crappy tire so I guess I was just a bit too far south. Is there a nice park up river that can only be accessed by boat? How far to the first cascade when you go up?
jethead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a few maintained camping (recreation) areas along the clearwater, I believe there about 5 below the first set of cascades - the first one at the christina River and is about 35 to 40 Km's from fort mac. Christina can be a fun river to try.
Never checked how far the first set of cascades are on the Clearwater but I can get there in about 2 1/2 hours going about 40km/h or so. Nice river to boat.
Also you can launch at the snye and go south in the Athabasca and pop over a couple of small shelves within a few minutes if just messing around.
Arthur
Outlaw Eagle Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks man.....what's north on the atha-b? Can you see the plants and shit down river?
sroney

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give me a shout before you get to town, and I will make sure you find the boat launch. There is a few options all , easy to find.

Shane 780-713-9374
Arthur
Outlaw Eagle Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be back up here from the wedding on the 25th.....Can't you go all the way to the grand from this side?(not that I have the time)or is it to sketcy through some of the rapids? What stops you at the 40min mark. Isn't there some cool cascade's up there as well? I'll definetly give you a call sun or mon night man....thanks for the help!
wrivrdawg

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:24 am    Post subject: Hey, you're Arthur!! Reply with quote

Hey A2otr, I'm the Lurker that stopped by the La biche river to say hello about... 3 yrs. ago this fall. Still up here in Ft. Mc. would be more than happy to tour you around here. Am actually off to Tumbler Ridge tomorrow/today for a wedding this weekend and will be back in town next Friday. Let me know if you are interested. On a side note, am planning on taking the boat along and hitting a couple of creeks out that way, may have a couple hrs. to kill in GP friday morning as we have to get someone from the airport at 2 in the afternoon, how is the boating these days? Planning to give the Murray river a go on Monday, if anyone wants to play tour guide for us, would love to hear from you. May have a chance to stop in at either GP or Whitecourt on the way back too.
Arthur
Outlaw Eagle Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya man I remember that. How could I forget the look on my ol ladies face when some guy is yelling ARTHURRRRR! across the river....she say's "is that guy talking to you?" Laughing Bought time you joined up to contribute instead of just stealing free information. Razz I'll be ready for a rip on the eve of the 25th or 26th....depending on how the wedding is and what time in the am I leave to come back up here Sum morning. Have a good weekend man!
wrivrdawg

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you get out for spin yesterday? How was the Snye Embarassed
Arthur
Outlaw Eagle Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah man...It was all 'n' all a really good rip. We met up with "sroney" and he took us up the Clearwater about 20-30mins. VERY NICE RUN. The millions of dollars that flow through this town and the boat launch's all seem kind of shitty. I ended up backing right in the clearwater in that big open spot and dropping in there. I also ventured 5 mins up and down on the Atha-B to see what it was like. The Clearwater is getting a bit low and I tagged a frickin rock with 4 guys in the boat. Must have hit the pump cause it split the silicone around the intake plate and was taking on a bit of water. 10 mins later the bilge plugged off with a piece of debris that was back there and the drama started. Engine was getting wet and losing pwr and the extra water was adding unneccesary wieght . I just brought it up on shore, cleaned off the bilge and pumped it out at waterways. Was all good after that....moral of the story 'Dont have any small shit floating around that could plug the bilge and 2 bilge pumps are better than one when you need it. No dent's just have to re-seal the pump again(which was just done a month ago)

The Clearwater is goergous but you have to be on top of your game when running it. Sand bars everywhere!Thanks for all the input wrivrdawg!
wrivrdawg

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Checked out the boat launches after work, about 10:00, not one trailer at any of them. Glad you didn't launch at the Snye, what a $hit hole Rolling Eyes Looks like they're about to clean it up some this coming week but really are better off at the other launches. Going to try attaching a vid, did Clearwater look like this? http://s214.photobucket.com/albums/cc237/Opti200/Sept%20%2003%2009/?action=view&current=CopyofSept0309081.flv
gotboost

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wrivrdawg nice meeting u the other day in wandering river at the coffee shop will run into again sometime
wrivrdawg

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Gotboost, same goes, great meeting you and your father, you should try getting up here some time, things are really just getting interesting now(skinny) and let me know if you plan anything from Poachers or Athab.
sroney

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya that was good times Arthur! We have to do it again one of these day sooner than later. I checked my work scedual and I am working that weekend we discussed, but what ever we will make er happen some other time. Once again thanks for the ride! Awesome boat! Keep in touch.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: