OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fort Mac
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wrivrdawg

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arthur II:On the rocks wrote:
Yeah man...It was all 'n' all a really good rip. We met up with "sroney" and he took us up the Clearwater about 20-30mins. VERY NICE RUN. The millions of dollars that flow through this town and the boat launch's all seem kind of shitty. I ended up backing right in the clearwater in that big open spot and dropping in there. I also ventured 5 mins up and down on the Atha-B to see what it was like. The Clearwater is getting a bit low and I tagged a frickin rock with 4 guys in the boat. Must have hit the pump cause it split the silicone around the intake plate and was taking on a bit of water. 10 mins later the bilge plugged off with a piece of debris that was back there and the drama started. Engine was getting wet and losing pwr and the extra water was adding unneccesary wieght . I just brought it up on shore, cleaned off the bilge and pumped it out at waterways. Was all good after that....moral of the story 'Dont have any small shit floating around that could plug the bilge and 2 bilge pumps are better than one when you need it. No dent's just have to re-seal the pump again(which was just done a month ago)

The Clearwater is goergous but you have to be on top of your game when running it. Sand bars everywhere!Thanks for all the input wrivrdawg!
Hey, you going to seal that puppy up and give er another go or what? What do you need, we can probably fix you up.
sroney

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We should get a few boats together and go for a tour, you hit the Athabasca much wrivrdawg?
wrivrdawg

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sroney wrote:
We should get a few boats together and go for a tour, you hit the Athabasca much wrivrdawg?

Yeh, been up to the lake last 3 yrs. it get fun around town later in summer when water drops and clears up, good fishing and great sandbars.
Check it out Arrow http://s214.photobucket.com/albums/cc237/Opti200/?action=view&current=MtnRapids_0001.flv
sroney

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice! I was up at the lake last month, we went about 90 miles past Chip to Grouse Island. Unbelievable fishing! Had a great trip, did some fishing on the way back on the Richardson, had some good luck there as well. Are you going to the lake again this year?
wrivrdawg

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sroney wrote:
Nice! I was up at the lake last month, we went about 90 miles past Chip to Grouse Island. Unbelievable fishing! Had a great trip, did some fishing on the way back on the Richardson, had some good luck there as well. Are you going to the lake again this year?
No plans to get up there again this year, we go up there around Solstice, just hung around in the Delta/Richardson this year, as it happens, went into Chip for fuel on confusion day Wink. Ran accross a couple young fellers from Mc. stuck on the mud flats on the way off the lake, lucky for them when 3 boat loads of guys happen along to push you out-like about 300 yards. Lake madness, gotta love it!! Laughing
sroney

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya I think more than a few people have got hung up coming out of the Delta. Its unreal how shallow that is, if a guy doesnt know to look for those markers your pretty muc hooped!

I am planning on heading to Richardson on the 11th and 12th to do some fishing, with a couple of friends, if your not working you should head up...always nice to have another boat around!!!

What are you running for a boat?
wrivrdawg

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it's not an Eagle... yet Rolling Eyes Just got back at dark again, nice little run up to Mountain rapids after that storm today Laughing Laughing
jethead

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't done the run up to the lake yet but want to. How long of a run is it from the barge landing to fort chip? There are markers to mark the channel through the delta - what should we be looking for?
sroney

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its about five hrs from the Barge landing. It is marked, if you come out onto the lake via the Fletcher Channel look off to your left you will see a orange marker a couple hundred feet away, just head towards that marker, when you reach that one you will see the next and so on. There is problt 10-12 markers in total. Going out onto the lake you want the markers to be on the right hand side of you boat and obviously on the left coming back in. Stay about 5-6 feet away from the markers. Take your time coming out into the delta, and spotting the markers, it is surprisingly shallow and if you veer too far from the markers you will get hung up. I recommend marking the markers on a GPS, because when you are heading back onto the river from the lake it can be tricky to spot that first one. If you are heading aways out onto the lake just make sure you have your ducks in a row as far as communication and fuel goes, that body of water is the real deal when the weather picks up! It is extremely beautiful though and well worth the trip up. Just take your time planning.

Any other questions feel free to call 780-713-9374 Shane
chris

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am still learning the ropes. I bought a little rig to learn on and I'm glad I did. I've nailed a few sandbars on the clearwater already. I think it's time to get a bigger boat. This getting unstuck in 20 minutes is nonsense. Does the clearwater seem low to you guys for this time of year?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: