OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

200 opti with heater warning

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
don wright

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:57 pm    Post subject: 200 opti with heater warning Reply with quote

i plugged up the heater core on my extreme from running on a lake with a scummy top on it ( only usin the lake to get to the river....easy) and by doing that the heater waste is then put through the exaust. so when there was no exhaust water it melted the nylock rit outa the ex manifold base bolts, loosening them off blowing the gasket out and swamping the boat because the autobilge fuse was blown due to bilge pump being jammed with debis. burned one spark plug lead, the siphon bilge line, heater hose engine waste and some auxially wires also. the exhaust got so hot the bak end of the boat is blue. although this was a great time for spark plug changing it caused me a lot of grief and could have been avoided entirely with a heater bypass valve when runnin on crappy scummy swampy lakes.
Also the thermostat thats sure to fail is only there if u have a heater so 86 that problem waiting to happen all together, the engine dosent need it. mine failed 1 week after the heater plugged

Itsworthit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like just another average weekend on the river, was the beer cold?
Windowlicker

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Don, I have a new 200 opti as well and first trip out heater core had a hole in it. I phoned boat manufacturer (not outlaw) they said no problem just bypass it. I asked how critical the flow through that line was and they led me to believe it was not critical at all. My reply was, could I plug those lines off or? Shouldn't matter they say. Well I just bypassed it and didn't give it a second thought. The heater lines are very soft and kinked overheating my exhaust manafold as well. Damaged sparkplug wires and hoses. Outlaw repaired it for me but now the engine quits once in a while and can't figure out why. Outlaw put a priming bulb in it which will get me going again so it's obviously a fuel issue but can't find problem. The moral of the story is, I think sportjets could do without the bus heaters. Or at least better inform users about the consequences of a blockage. I wish I could figure out what the exhaust overheat did to my fuel system I'm assuming that's what caused it.
don wright

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

windowlicker......its to bad they misinformed u about ur heater. i also blew a hole in it earlier in the year but was able to solder it. a diesel heater will be nxt years addition for sure. if ur ambitious enough to solve the fuel problem....pre order the exhaust manifold 8mm reg thread stainless steel nylock with the built on lock washer on it because there completly outa stock everywere in gp and the exhaust mani base gasket as well. pull the exhaust manifold off and up against the engine block there is 2 fuel lines. they look like one is high pressure line (braided steel) from one fuel rail to the next. the other is the same but lookslike a low pressure balance line. i also burned a hole in the low pressure line that i didnt mention cuz i didnt find until now. this is a reeel good place for u to start looking. also changing the spark plugs at this point is an extremely good idea u'll c y.
don wright

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh ya ..... beer was cold. it was a 3 day river stag. 2 days recovery
don wright

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

one more thing windowlicker...... remeber to scrap the thermostat. its only there because of the bus heater. its on the left side of engine in the brass canister
don wright

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually im not done there windowlicker.......i just clued into my mushy brain that u havnt had the exh mani off yet. if u overheated it that bad u will notice the nylocks are melted off on the exh mani base and prob the 1st cpl on the engine base. u are real close to blowing out that gasket if it isnt already blown and swamping the boatand overheating the exh once again
Windowlicker

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, the boy's at Outlaw put it in a ziplock bag where it will stay
Windowlicker

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll check it out thanks again
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: