OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Upper N Saskatchewan-above Abraham Lake

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hardhitter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:48 am    Post subject: Upper N Saskatchewan-above Abraham Lake Reply with quote

Just curious if anyone out there has boated the upper north saskatchewan above the lake towards saskatchewan river crossing? I dont know where the park boundry starts, so maybe your not even allowed to. It looks like some nice boating up there with a good launch at preachers point. If theres anybody out there that has done this, let me know. Smile
Rapid Transit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

park boundry is just past thompson creek a couple miles, there are yellow signs about 6"x8" if you are in the write channel to see it, if you don't you end up at the ranger station by the bridge ! nice run but short maybe a half hour if that , ok if you are in the area but quite a drive for a day trip
Xerophobic

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny I was thinking of doing this very run soon. Are any of the other rivers running into the NS or the Lake runnable?

RT what do the rangers say when you end up there?? Very Happy Shocked

Rapid Transit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

they would say......... Mad

" ya he got to boat in the park, but he won't be fatherin any more kids after this little operation " Twisted Evil

Xero....... with your history don't push it Rolling Eyes Laughing

nothing coming in up there above the dam, except the Howes and its past the ranger station in the park and you should think twice about the lake, the wind can come up in minutes out there and its 3 foot white caps , not fun for jets, windsurfers ok
Rock Skipper

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Zero, the Paddlers have been quit about jet boats for the past month, when they start yapping again, I will buttin and mention that we aren't allowed in the Parks. With all their talk, I don't think anyone has mentioned this, they have the whole Park systems to paddle their little HEALTHY hearts out, and we are shut out. And now they want their pristine foothills area all to themselves Rolling Eyes (how gready) Thank god they are all yappy Calgarians yuppies and i hope they stay there in 1 spot.
Xerophobic

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rapid Transit wrote:

" ya he got to boat in the park, but he won't be fatherin any more kids after this little operation " Twisted Evil

nothing coming in up there above the dam, except the Howes and its past the ranger station in the park and you should think twice about the lake, the wind can come up in minutes out there and its 3 foot white caps , not fun for jets, windsurfers ok

I certainly had no intentions of pushing my luck in that area, just sounded like there may be a story behind that one Laughing

Yea Rock' the rumblings from the paddlers site has died down but the fallout (for them) has only just started......Ill post more as it unfolds. Alot of positive developments in the background so to speak that most people are blissfully unaware of. Wink

shallow draft

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the way up I didn't see the small sign but I did see it on the way down. I turned around under the bridge but 2 other boats one grey and one blue went futher up to the Howse river.
I do know of boaters that have had nasty tickets on the windsheild of their truck when they got back to Preachers Point.

xplorn

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rock Skipper wrote:
Hey Zero, the Paddlers have been quit about jet boats for the past month, when they start yapping again, I will buttin and mention that we aren't allowed in the Parks. With all their talk, I don't think anyone has mentioned this, they have the whole Park systems to paddle their little HEALTHY hearts out, and we are shut out. And now they want their pristine foothills area all to themselves Rolling Eyes (how gready) Thank god they are all yappy Calgarians yuppies and i hope they stay there in 1 spot.

Hahaha seems to be a universal problem ,but we are trying hard to get along with paddlers ,we do share a common interest and they way our rivers/water is getting hijacked for dairy farm irrigation schemes etc we need to stand united Very Happy

Bald Man
The Myth.... The Legend

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked Shocked Shocked

Rapid Transit wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: