OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Boat launch in the Lethbridge area?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> BOAT LAUNCHES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stump thumper

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:21 am    Post subject: Boat launch in the Lethbridge area? Reply with quote

I have been spending most of my summer down in Lethbridge and I brought my boat with hoping I could get out on the river sometime. I drove by the only launch left in Lethbridge which I have used before and the high waters in June left it in terrible shape. The mud and silt is knee deep and the city obviously could care less about their river valley, even large spots on the nice pathways are still covered with mud and slop.

Does anyone know of anywhere around Lethbridge where there is a place to launch?
Stump thumper

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How is the bridge by the Taber provincial park to launch at?
oh-yaa

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get my 16 ft. lynx in and out of there but it is steep. It might be hard to get anything bigger than an 18 ft. out.The Oldman is getting fun lots of shallow water. Went to the forks Sun. left some tefflon behind what a blast.
Stump thumper

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My boat is a 16' Lynx so I should be fine too.
oh-yaa

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give me a call we will go out for a run.403 382 5601.
wetdream

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

don't try the the boat launch by the police shooting range. Blew the CV in my duramax and had to get my boat and truck towed out last week.
Stump thumper

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is the one I went by last week and I saw it was in ROUGH shape, I did see some deep ruts on the right of the cement that used to be the launch, were those your ruts?

There were some tubers walking to the water there and they were sinking in the mud to there knees.

oh yaa, I will give you a call, hopefully I will get some time here soon, wouldn't mind wettin a line as well.

Cheers.
oh-yaa

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are my ruts but it has dryed up nice.There is no mud at all and its pack hard.Fix the road down alongside the hiway with my grader last week. As long as it does not rain we will be good.The walleye are bitting.
Stump thumper

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ruts I was referring to were down at the weir parking lot in Lethbridge, I have not been by the bridge at Taber, I assume those are the ruts you are referring to oh-yaa.

It must come in handy having your own grader.
wetdream

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya those were my ruts, thank god for onstar, next week i put in at popsin park, don't know about the spelling there but it's on the west side just past the turn off to paradise canyon. There's locks on the chain to the launch but just undo the swivel on the chain link and your in the clear. Theres a number posted if wanted to do it by the book. It was worth it. must of been the first time those golfers seen a jet boat cause they all were filming that shit. Had to put on a bit of a show.
Stump thumper

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know where popson park (spelling?) is and I was at Paradise canyon the other day and I think every time I am there I wander about a launch there. I have never fished upstream of the weir, but have always wanted to, is the fishing pretty good upstream?

Thanks for the info wd, CHEERS..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> BOAT LAUNCHES All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: