OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wanted: Race gear- helmets, suits, life jackets
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> RACE BOAT CLASSIFIEDS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arthur
Outlaw Eagle Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is one nice ride....a roll bar and canards should be next on the list....then start playing with a ZZ4 or CT525 for #'s.(See Will's ad in Classifieds) I'm sure he'd cut you a good deal on the motor for testing....then I recommend a fresh one for the races and keep the test one has a hot spare.If you don't win the worlds next year, you have a good shot at the show and shine....especially if you bring the Coug! Wink
Arthur
Outlaw Eagle Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'n not positive about the seats, but by the looks of things it's set up more for a 'pleasure tunnel'. The race boats have longer steering coloums and the seats pushed back.(Maybe a racer can chime in on this subject).

P.S.- I have a keen eye...I DID NOT stare at your picture for hours and hours! Shocked
RED ROOSTER

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:47 am    Post subject: canards Reply with quote

hope the pic didn't keep you up to late ! What do the canards do ? When I hit 90 it already felt like to boat was ready for lift off ! I was thinking of removing the rubber shim between the bowl and nozzle to let the nose down a little. I'll try to have a picture taken at speed and you guys can tell me if it's trimmed ok.... Thanks again

Last edited by RED ROOSTER on Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Arthur
Outlaw Eagle Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canards add more lift to get more aluminum out of the water which in turn means less drag. Ideally just the intake needs to be in H2o....but there is a fine line of too much lift and handling. At 90, I'm sure you are no where close to going over. Might just take some getting used too....there are boats doing 120mph and searching for more speed!!
Neutered

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All tunnels are loose at speed, less drag is more speed. More seat time will take the jitters out of those feelings in your ass. Taking the wedge out will settle your front end down but you will lose speed. Definatly get some seat belts, helmets, racing lifejackets and a roll bar if you want to keep experimenting with the handling of the boat at the speed you claim your getting. A small screw up could spin you out or sink you faster than you can react some times. Most if not all of the racers here have experienced a high speed spin and objects not secured in the boat move about quikly, including bodies!
RED ROOSTER

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:34 am    Post subject: neutered Reply with quote

I'm on it, I got swamped with work lately but the roll cage is half done and will include 4 point harnesses and I always wear a helmet.
As far as the speeds I claim, I do my speed tests on flat water where the river meets the ocean, it dosn't seem accurate to claim a top speed if the river is moving at 10 miles an hour !
I'll take the wedge out for now untill I can or make a starts spoon.
RED ROOSTER

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:36 am    Post subject: oops Reply with quote

* I'll take the wedge out for now untill I can find or make a start spoon.
How are race life jackets different than the rest ?
Neutered

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most racing jackets have leg straps so if you do get thrown out at speed you dont get peeled out of your jacket. Some also have head floatation and most of the floatation in the front, supposed to right and float an unconscious body. Not just your average "body glove" jackets, but anything is better than nothing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> RACE BOAT CLASSIFIEDS All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: