OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mexico 06 The inside scoop
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Coyotitto

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 11:38 pm    Post subject: Mexico 06 The inside scoop Reply with quote

While completely unofficial, after discussion over the last couple of days with Jose Barquin and Gil Garcia it looks like the upcoming marathon in Mexico next year will be a MUST ATTEND for anyone who has ever thought of going... as theese two gentelmen will be in charge of the event. While the Mexican marathon has always been a "ton of fun" and a great race next year will be special as anyone who knows theese guys will tell you that.
P.S. Anyone who needs any info on how to do Mexico 06...feel free to contact us, we can supply everything including an approximate budget.

Rob Chrunyk

Last edited by Coyotitto on Thu Dec 22, 2005 1:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
moods

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Far out Coyotitto, have you been drinking a bit too much of that Tequila! Pitty you were not racing here this year so you could have a more informed opinion. Sad Sounds like you guys have the same problems as us down under when some one makes a call on rules that can be interpreted different ways. As for panty wearing Kiwi's, I haven't seen you win a title on some of the most challenging rivers in the world like we race on here. Isn't it about time you show us Kiwi's how it is done! As for mexico, looks like plenty of fun. Sh&^%$t did I say that out loud Very Happy Since the start topic has been edited with some of the remarks aganist Kiwis withdrawn seems a bit pointless leaving this comment but what the hell. And for the record not all us Kiwi's agree with the outcome but thats just the way it is.

Last edited by moods on Sat Dec 24, 2005 2:10 am; edited 1 time in total
moods

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Comment with drawn Embarassed

Last edited by moods on Sat Dec 24, 2005 2:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Fritz

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by Fritz on Wed Dec 21, 2005 2:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
buellit

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey moods and fritz, I am hoping Rob,s letter was a joke,(not funny) or ya he had way to many spirits, (obviosly not xmas spirits). Hope the rest of the Canadian racers will still be welcome.
Bald Man
The Myth.... The Legend

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A little fur flying around never hurt anyone. No one can deny that there were some hard feelings over the way that the rules were interpeted in the last race. It does more harm to racing than Rob's post. There always appears to be issues in NZ over rules; Don't know why Question . Same as the US race before that. I know that alot of people put in many hours of their time to make these races happen, but the rules NEED to be black and white, NOT open to someones interpetation.
For example;; Doug and Frank took on fuel on the down leg knowing that they would be handed a time penalty,,,, then after 3 days of dicking around they were handed a DNS that put them out of the overall race. If they ran the leg using this years rules, they could have started with low fuel and put their boat sideways in a skinny part of the river and cancelled the leg completely, thus not taking a DNS.
The Mexico race is by far the best that I've been to,,,,, but I've only been to the 4 World races once each. Rubber rule books need to be made of different material so this crap don't keep happening.
Now everyone have a merry and safe Christmas.
Hines

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey guys maybe just a bad day / sled broke down & river froze over/ all of u have a good xmas.
Coyotitto

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all, don't missunderstand my comments are directed to a select group in the organizing and racing fraterinity, and if somebody doesn't speak up things will never change. It seems like there is always some sort of contraversy at major NZ events... the year before it was the helicopter fiasco.
On the other hand I have never been to an event in Mexico where the was any sort of major flap over the rules, the course or anything else...I'll give you an example of what I believe is missing from the NZ racing scene. This year in Mexico the first 2 sport jets raced within seconds of each other all the way to the finish line. through a simple missunderstanding the first place boat was disqualified after they failed to show at inspection.
At the awards banquet the very young spanish pilot who was then declared the winner, announced he did not feel it was right for him to accept the first place trophey as he would be winning it on a technicality.Perhaps the reigning champion from NZ could learn a lesson from this young racer.
PS. Maybe it hurts more to hear theese comments from someone outside your own country but I don't believe my feelings are not shared by a majority of NZ racers who believe in a sense of fair play.And remember anytime anyone host's a world event they will be under the microscope and open to criticism. Confused
Fritz

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by Fritz on Wed Dec 21, 2005 2:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
2jokejet

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 2:27 pm    Post subject: what the hell is this rubbish Reply with quote

pump shingle its way more fun and constructive

Last edited by 2jokejet on Wed Dec 21, 2005 3:13 pm; edited 3 times in total
Dale

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have raced in both Mexico (twice) and New Zealand (twice), Canada and USA. They all have their own challenges and levels of adventure. Mexico has its issues with traveling and corrupt police, theft, and border crossing, but, once you get to the race, all is well and you can have a great time. You still have to run a clean race and not let your guard down. While New Zealand has none of these problems, they do have much more challenging rivers and a lot more expense involved with getting there. At this year’s race in NZ, I had a great time. I do have to question some of the decisions that were made by the organizers in the way of last minute changes, giving and taking away penalties. River racing, like all other sports, will always have some problems and unforeseen issues. Even the Olympics have their share of problems and BS that they can't get straight in the last 1000+ years. But again I have to say that these are volunteers and are doing their best to run the race by the rules they have.
But this is in the past. I don’t think any of the racers in either country are at blame for any of the problems or issues in the rules or on the roads. But without someone appealing rules and decisions (meaning all racers), we can’t make this a better sport.
I will be in Mexico for their race next year and back again in New Zealand for their race in 2007 after the World Race in Canada. Both of these places are a lot of fun and a great adventure. I don’t think that some small issues should keep any racer away from a great time.
Have a Merry Christmas and a great New Year
Dale Whiteside

P.S. The Whitecourt Riverboat Association will be having their meeting on January 12 at 6 PM to go over the course, classes, and rules for the 2006 year and the world race in 2007. Please call us here at Outlaw Eagle or call Brian McGregor for more info.
underpressure

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well said Dale!!! Mexico is a racers race, not much for politics. And I'm sure the organizers in New Zealand have looked over their rule books and have updated that particular fubar. I want to add just one other thing and that is the only time they have problem's in the Olympics is when there is a judge or judges involved in some political scam, luckily though in the timed event's the only thing that really gets you in the papers is being on the juice. Ho Ho Ho!!!
MaxPower

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks like Fritz isn't allowed to respond, if that's the case, that ain't right.
Coyotitto, if the SJ race in your example compares to what happened, are you saying the NZ racer did win on a technicality (quite a different technicality from what I read) but he should have given it up? Are the officials being insulted because they did it by the book?
TOP DAWG

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did Fritz Edit his own post or de he get edited by someone else ?

www.bullseyeenterprises.ca

follow us on instagram @bulleyeenterprises

Like us on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/bullseyeenterprisespeaceriver?ref=hl
Coyotitto

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1.For the record I checked with Dale from Outlaw, Fritz' and others comments were edited by themselves not the moderator, which is a shame because I believe they should stand as this is an open forum and everybody is allowed to say what they think and maybe that is the problem... is that there is alot of people thinking and very few saying.

2.No I am not saying the racer won on a technicality but rather a loophole they found which is not the way a true sportsman would have done it.

3.The officials are not being insulted but rather held to task for making some very bad decisions when they had more options available to them.

PS.Had this happened in any foreign country where NZ teams were in contention for a wim they would be screaming bloody murder...and would have every right to.

Rob Chrunyk
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: