OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mexico 06 The inside scoop
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bald Man
The Myth.... The Legend

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wilson,
Nice Crock....
Here's the only threats to boating in San Jeronimo.
Hahaha

259race_37_1_-med.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  62.9 KB
 Viewed:  23208 Time(s)

259race_37_1_-med.jpg

Bald Man
The Myth.... The Legend

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What the heck is going on with the double photos Question

259Dogsday.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  11.07 KB
 Viewed:  23198 Time(s)

259Dogsday.jpg

G-force

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha that was funny balby.

pROCESSION.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  156.79 KB
 Viewed:  23183 Time(s)

pROCESSION.jpg

BOHHICA

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all Rob you are a puss for editing your post. I believe in New Zealand, they expect you to make honey out of horse shit, that's what the rules are made of! I do have a large amount of respect for the NZ country and select competitors and you know who you are. I do have a problem with the very select few who see it necessary to massage a race and it's rules with a foriegn racer in the lead or near the top. From what has been relayed, it sounds like the 2005 race followed typical suit. These actions make it very hard to stir interest for us overseas racer to make the journey. I think that i may be the king of the wreck, but no one has canceled a leg for me??????

To show the character of a competitive kiwi, i left my last race boat there for what i thought was a friend and i later found out the bottom has been copied and credit taken for their last 2 NZ marathon champions.

This is my first post ever, but not the first time i have been frustrated w/ a NZ marathon. I would like to know who was the UIM rep. at this last race?? What does the UIM book say about the canceling of a leg under that situation? I believe the book should address this issue, not a group of local countrymen. I could be crazy, but was this UIM sanctioned race or NZ sanctioned?

Tim Harding

Happy New Year to All!! Mexico will be a first class race and i hope everyone can make it. Jose & Gil will put on a race and SHOW that will most likely be one to tell the grandson about Laughing

I cannot wait to hear more of the NZ excuses back, which is the key ingredient for their horseshit honey.
Coyotitto

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tim, I edited my comments because much like A drunken drive by shooting everyone except the intended victims were getting hit.
I agree that you are the king of CRASH ...but, I think you made a mistake on one point however and that is the select few you speak of have no respect wether you are a foreigner or not.
More often than not I have seen NZ competitors come to grief at the hands of theese individuals...case in point...Does anyone remember the 1996 NZ Marathon when Micheal Hill with a comfortable lead, near the end of the marathon was assessed a 1hr penality under their pasasing rule...effectivly taking him out of the race. When Leo and I (who were present at the race) questioned an official about the wisdom of such a large penalty when there was no other wittnesses other than the 2 boat crews... we were told Quote" He had it comming!" Since when has this sport ever been a popularity contest? And in what rule book does it state " He had it coming" is worth 60 minutes?...Because if that's the case boy's...We might as well get out the figure skates!

PS. I hope this so called NZ friend you speak of paid alot of $$ for this race boat... because I know alot of proud people who dedicated over a decade of hard work and a ton of cash to develop this design.
MidwetJetSprint

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey years almost up lets continue to beat a dead horse I think BOHHICA should read back a few post.This topic was coverd (I think there is a post about that all the other racers where asked how they felt about that leg and if there was a Problem step up and say something) About hulls being copied Kiwis and Yanks Aussies Canadians if the hulls work and if its sitting on a trailer with no one around pictures and a quick messuring a CAD copy can be Backwards Engineered in the matter of a few hours( My Brother made a CAD copy just from pictures of my Sprint Boat).This has gone on for years if you didn`t want the hull copied you should have alterd it before you left or shipped it back home.Kiwis have always thought they did a better job on racing hulls ask them they will tell you.If you don`t want to share your secrets like the days of old practice use a bed sheet to hide the underside and the drives.Cheers
WILSON

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think some of you are being excessively harsh on the New Zealanders over last world championship results and rule managing.

But, according to the current UIM rulebook, it is my opinion that the officers acted Ok.

There is no prevision on the UIM rulebook for penalties for a boat that causes a leg cancellation. UIM allows local rules to be applied if a UIM rule does not exist or not covers a particular situation. UIM even allows a local race committee to decide on issues not covered by either the UIM or the local rulebook.

There can be a lot of opinions on whether the result was fair. But I have no question that the final result is at least legal

Of course, I was not on that event and can't have a good opinion on the detail of the decision to cancel the leg.

I did go to the world championship in the U.S. last year, and have to give credit to the folks from New Zealand. Thanks to their insistence (Specially Jeff Horne) , the UIM rulebook was applied in that race and the race was finally valid for a UIM title.

Ohhh...and other thing: Thanks to the forum administrators for putting a spelling check. It helps us non-native english speakers!!!

Dano2

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See now this is what I'm talking about. The UIM create a rule book and leave some rules up to the race committee to interpret at their whimsical leisure for what ever suits them that day.

I think the racers of the World of Jet Boating should take the UIM rule book and modify it to suit their needs. Make the races UIM sanctioned races but with the modified rules for jet boat racing. Take the race committee interpretation out of the equation. If a boat caused a leg to be canceled then "Bla Bla penalty is assessed" It says so in the rule book. Plain and simple. If all rules are written it will eliminate bad Karma between all the countries participating.

Cheers,
Dano

NZboater

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not going to edit my post, My issue is with the comments made by Rob about Kiwi's in general, and you pansies agreeing with him should HARDAN UP!!!
Comments about the race and decisions made are fair enough, but the comments made by Rob were of a personal and general nature, and comments since indicate he stands by them.
If you want to gripe about the race, result,and decisions made then go for it, You get no argument from me, Shame the comments were edited!!

Fritz

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll tell you something for free. The only person or people this post has affected are Eagle Boats. I have spoken to so many people in NZ that after reading Robs comments will never buy an Eagle boat. I feel sorry for the Christchurch dealer who has just taken them over, he has a hard road ahead of him to get over this. Especially If Robs name has anything to do with it. Remember the boating community is a small and close one over here.
WILSON

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that the least room there is for discretional ruling, the better a rulebook will be.

But, no matter how hard or how long (giggle) you work on a set of rules, it will be impossible to cover EVERY possible outcome or event, so there will ALWAYS be the possibility for a discretional ruling.

That's just the nature of the sport.

Bald Man
The Myth.... The Legend

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure there were some feelings hurt over the original post, but the bottom line is that some things were in serious need of being said out loud.
Eagle boats surely can not be blamed for what Rob had to say. He has nothing to do with them. Nobody has put more effort into making a better race boat than Rob when he owned Eagle and nobody can dispute that. If some people can't get over it, then you need to get some thicker skin.
vege boy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 3:49 pm    Post subject: eagle boats Reply with quote

Fritz, No need to feel sorry for the New Zealand agent for these boats or Eagle or Outlaw marine as We all know that they build a great race boat, I have a new race tunnel ordered and I know of quite a few more people doing the same.
Rob no longer owns or works for Eagle and it is now in Dale Whitesides hands who was out here competing in the Marathon and I can assure you had a good time, Eagle also sponsored one of the classes in the event and I am sure you know without these people these events would not happen for the likes of myself and the other people who raced in this event.
I was in this event and had a great time mainly because we finished for a change, I am also someone who was unhappy with the rules like many others but it has happened and we can only improve the rules in case something like this happens in the future. I look forward to racing in Canada in 06/07 and having a beer with Rob, (even after what he said about Kiwi's) Dale and any other Canadian who wants to have one with a Kiwi!
John Derry
DOC

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well said John !!! If you dont want to win, dont buy an EAGLE. DOC.
Itsworthit

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All of a sudden a racer making a mistake and sinking his boat, becomes another boat manufacturer's fault, where's the common sense in that???
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: