OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Trying something new
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alumaman

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice work Greg. It's refreshing to see all the work that has been going into hull and intake designs for the FX and CX classes.
Arthur
Outlaw Eagle Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Dale....are you doing Riggins this year?
N7UBO

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greg......I'd LOVE to see that in Riggins !!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
eddie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That boat is going to be fast!

Just looking at your exhausts, from what we can see it looks like you could have water that has been injected into the mufflers that could the flow back down your headers and hydraulic your motor. We had this happen with a similar exhaust and a lumpy cam and it wrecked a new motor!

You would probably save weight and gain some power by dropping the entrained water and going with dry pipes.

I really like your design!
hellsgate

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eddie wrote:
Just looking at your exhausts, from what we can see it looks like you could have water that has been injected into the mufflers that could the flow back down your headers and hydraulic your motor. We had this happen with a similar exhaust and a lumpy cam and it wrecked a new motor! You would probably save weight and gain some power by dropping the entrained water and going with dry pipes.!

That might be a water-jacketed dry exhaust system. Follow the pipes... flex lines to the collector/muffler aren't connected yet. Hopefully they are sized to handle steam expansion, ie still flow with back-pressure? Again, nice work Greg!

greg b

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:08 am    Post subject: Exhaust Reply with quote

primarily we were concerned with temperatures in the engine compartment, being totally enclosed and couldn't find anything on the market we liked so we built our own. The exhaust is dry all the way to the muffler can, but totally surrounded by water in two seperate compartments and mixes with exhaust only in the can. Hopefully we are ok.
RED ROOSTER

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:54 pm    Post subject: driver Reply with quote

who drives and who navigates ? Those are some skills !!
greg b

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:44 pm    Post subject: driver Reply with quote

The navigator sits up front and will monitor most of the guages, the driver is in back and well elevated looking over the navigator, in our typical boats the driver is trying to look forward to the course and uses distracting periphial vision looking to the side, trying to figure out what direction the navigator is trying to direct him to, all the while taking his attention of the course in front of him. With this tandem seating arrangement the navigator can point side to side and have the full attention of the driver behind him without need of the driver to look to the side and take his eyes off the critical course.(In addition, a good intercom system for verbal communication) The driver will have mostly idiot lights at his dash, in addition to the navigators guages up front.
Arthur
Outlaw Eagle Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow....I cant wait till it gets wet. Hope it works well!
hellsgate

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arthur 2 wrote:
Wow....I cant wait till it gets wet. Hope it works well!

That's what I was thinking on my last date. Laughing

boosted

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:16 am    Post subject: Re: driver Reply with quote

greg b wrote:
The navigator sits up front and will monitor most of the guages, the driver is in back and well elevated looking over the navigator, in our typical boats the driver is trying to look forward to the course and uses distracting periphial vision looking to the side, trying to figure out what direction the navigator is trying to direct him to, all the while taking his attention of the course in front of him. With this tandem seating arrangement the navigator can point side to side and have the full attention of the driver behind him without need of the driver to look to the side and take his eyes off the critical course.(In addition, a good intercom system for verbal communication) The driver will have mostly idiot lights at his dash, in addition to the navigators guages up front.

First Greg, out side the box! What box. Wicked inovation there. As a navigator it is some times a little interesting to be riding in a jet boat at high speeds without any kind of control of it your self. With the tandem cockpit design your nav is in for a little bit of a ride. From the forward position he will not be able to tell if you are going to turn left or right. He may think you are going left around an obstruction but when you actually go right it is going to freak him out. With a normal cockpit your periphial vision catches the drivers movements and subconsiously you know what is coming. The tandem cockpitwould have the same feeling of facing backwards on a quad with someone else driving. It's going to be neat though.

Lets go back I think we missed one rock!
WILSON

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You work hard and beautifully, Greg. You deserve success.

Cheers

greg b

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again for the comments, appreciate it! Wilson, hopefully you'll see this boat in Mexico sometime, really love racing there, you guys always do a great job with the race!
Boosted/ Mark, you make a good point and I agree. It would take someone alot younger than me or huge kuhunas to be a navigator in this boat without a tremendous amount of faith in the driver, I'm sure he will initally really feel he's out there on his own at complete mercy of whatever happens, but on balance it will be a good arrangement I think.
Like to give a huge SHOUTOUT to Dale and all the folks he works with for hosting this forum which allows all us boat people to share our thoughts and ideas, Great Company, Great People Producing AWESOME World Class Boats!

Optic Armor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greg,

It was a pleasure talking with you the other day about this project. I am very impressed with your design and just like the others on here I cannot wait to see how well it performs it should be very interesting. I do believe I can help you when it comes time to redo your windscreen. Give me a call when you are ready to work it. Talk to you soon.

Aaron
greg b

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok paint done back to plumbing wiring!

IMG00216-20110216-1550.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  210.99 KB
 Viewed:  19653 Time(s)

IMG00216-20110216-1550.jpg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8

Jump to: