OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Edge boats

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
river rat

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:25 pm    Post subject: Edge boats Reply with quote

anyone out there own or been in a edge boat just looking for info on the ride,performance,fit n finish of these spanky looking boats any info good or bad would be great. thinking of buying one or going to buy a outlaw eagle not to sure yet . only thinking of edge because of the dollar exchange rate.

bc jet boat (27).JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  8.77 KB
 Viewed:  21615 Time(s)

bc jet boat (27).JPG

Last edited by river rat on Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
Arthur
Outlaw Eagle Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You get what you pay for!
river rat

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

arther, , nice responce.was just looking for info on edge boats as i have been in sevral outlaw boats. :roll:

Last edited by river rat on Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
boosted

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can tell you what I know which may not be alot. Fit and finish is great,lots of int room. All the ones that I have seen have Hamiltons in them and for good reason. The hull plows water like crazy. Takes alot of thrust to get on step. Once they are up they shoot water straight out the side really slowing cruise speed. I know thw boat shop here has put new bottoms in a few and they have picked up big cruise speed and mileage. They ride real good though and seem to be tuff enough. Nothing really wrong with them just a little differnt cup of tea. That is my .02 from the limitde knowlegde I have.

Lets go back I think we missed one rock!
river rat

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thaks for the great info mark , positive and neg.
Arthur
Outlaw Eagle Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

river rat wrote:
arther, guess you dont want to sell your product, nice responce.was just looking for info on edge boats as i have been in sevral outlaw boats. Rolling Eyes

What product do you think I'm selling? I'm an Electrician...... Rolling Eyes ! But I have been in almost every Canadian Jetboat manufactured in the last 30yrs, and I am allowed an opinion...no? I've had this conversation with people before and it always goes back to a Chev-Ford...Polaris-Arctic Cat, etc. kinda thing. REMEMBER NOW this is just MY opinion. The fit and finish in a Outlaw is top notch in my eyes..... the Hull design, Shape, Quality, Warranty, Thickness, Knowledge, Service and Sales in the.... Sports, Tunnels, Shallow water boats, Touring boats, Hunting boats or Goverment builds is like no other. The Edges are Pretty, Pretty heavy....and Pretty pricey for what you're getting. All the companies do nice work, but IMO Outlaw's are the Cadillac's of the water. The customization possibilitys are endless and the overall finish is second to none....sorry my response offended you, but I laugh when people say.....

Quote:
only thinking of edge because of the dollar

Which brings me back to.....

Quote:
You get what you pay for!

Very Happy
ravencrew

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I remember correctly Justin Boice was with Edge Marine for a short period but has since gone to Washington state last I heard. The hulls remind me of a cross between and Boice jet and a Jetcraft hull. Sorry not much help. Eagles are nice though I owned one until are ecomony tanked and it was either lose the boat or the house. Toughest thing I had to do the boat handled nice decent gas milage and an all around fun time.
Boomhower

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have never got the chance to ride in an edge but I have heard they plow water real bad too. Throw a lot of spray out the front even. Nice finish though.

I dont think Arthurs pullin anyones wire here. He's obviously a loyal OE customer as am I.
river rat

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you guys feel that strongly about OE than i will go and talk to dale in april to get one orderd, ruffled a few feathers , sory guys i been in a few oe boats. i was just trying to compare them with knowledge of other readers on this site about an edge, just really like the styling of these boats. i thought this was a genral forum, my mistake. sorry about the 2 post how do you deleet them?
bender

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you want info on these boats probably best to go to meanchicken forum or the my boat forum and do a search on the topics lots of good and bad mostly the styling is what everyone likes i have never had anything to do with em so dont know much except second hand
Arthur
Outlaw Eagle Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a problem RR....I do feel that strongly about they're boats and back them up with the same brand loyalty I have with all my other toys.... but that is just personal preference. All the boats that are built are great if they get you out enjoying the rivers. This is a General forum, but it says Outlaw Eagle infront of it. As a mod I have to draw a fine line between marketing and advertising of other brands. I totally encourage all users to talk about ANY boat,trip or experiance they have with any vessel , but if you ask me what to buy....I will tell you OE until I'm blue in the face...... Often imitaited but never duplicated!!! Happy boat shopping!
Clifford

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Edge boats Reply with quote

river rat wrote:
anyone out there own or been in a edge boat just looking for info on the ride,performance,fit n finish of these spanky looking boats any info good or bad would be great. thinking of buying one or going to buy a outlaw eagle not to sure yet . only thinking of edge because of the dollar exchange rate.

I own a edge marine, I can attest to being in a few boats, have it be Canadian, New Zealand or american.

There were some negatives advised about the hull plowing water and so on. I can tell you my personal boat has been a great performer. I am sure the boats that are being mentioned had full UHMW bottoms and full .375 bottoms not to mention a crap load of interior and creature comforts that weighed the boat down. Also these said boat I bet were 8 to 10 degree bottoms. Look at other boats in there class i bet most will perform all the same but a Edge boat will shine.

My personal boat is a 21' x 72" with a .375 center bottom with .250 outer wings and bow. 16 degree radius hamilton 212, 496 HO. With a 3.4 KW impeller Max GPS speed was 58.9 MPH but the cruise speed was laking for me it was only in the 30mph range. I swapped out the 3.4 for a 4.0 Kw for a better cruise speed. When my boat is at cruise which is about 3200 RPM it runs 35 MPH it will plane at 2650 at 25 mph. I lost about 2 MPH on my top end with the bigger pitch impeller but gained a lot of cruise speed.

I have not had a single issue with my boat in my 3 years of owning it. It has about 150 hours on it now (i didn't get to use it much at last year). The edge has been the best riding and performing bigger boat i have owned and has never let me think otherwise. Edge marines fit and finish is top notch and is always improving remember this is a company that builds 30 to 40 boats a year. Every edge is pretty much custom depending on what the owner would like. Edge is always trying to improve and try new things on there demo boats which make thing interesting and keeps the boat industry moving forward instead of just building the same old cookie cutter boat.

Best thing to do is go and take a ride in one and make the call for your self. there are a lots of boat builders out there check them all out.

Cheers
shallowminded

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was checking out the videos of edge marine the other day and i noticed how they tend to plow a bit... heres the link http://www.edgemarine.com/models.htm

I run a 20 nahanni and the only time its plowed like the videos of the edge boats in the video is when i had half a yukon moose on my bow, you gotta do some fancy steering as once you turn you tend to over correct. just my thoughts.. hope it helps!

hellsgate

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shallowminded wrote:
i was checking out the videos of edge marine the other day and i noticed how they tend to plow a bit...

a bit... A Bit?!!! Good gawd, a D8 dozer doesn't plow that much. Laughing

mockiam

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it just me or are these edge boats built by the same company that builds the hulls for marathon marine, they sure look alike. I agree with the above you are on the right website to compare and then buy yourself a better built and proven boat, lake or river.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: