OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pictures and video of our 1999 Eagle Tunnel

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JamesS

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:38 am    Post subject: Pictures and video of our 1999 Eagle Tunnel Reply with quote

Here is the photo album I've put together.
Here are the videos

Oct. 12 2005 (engines first firing)

Nov. 5 2005 #1

Nov. 5 2005 #2

Nov. 5 2005 #3 (we hit 60mph or so in this one)

Nov. 5 2005 #4 (taking off from the dock, with the exhaust facing me)

Nov. 10 2005 (only hit 50mph at the end of this clip)

Nov. 21 2005

Side notes:
November 5 was the very first outing on the water for the boat after we dropped in the freshly rebuilt 502 BBC (454 stroker) that Davenport rebuilt for us back in August. The day started out on a bad note as you can see in the videos the boat did not want to get up on plane,......so we were going no wheres!. We thought the previous owner had did a number on the pump possibly and that we'd have to tare it apart and check it out,......anyways we took out the degree shims to see if that was the problem,....we loaded it back in the water just as it started to get dark,.....sure enough that was our problem!,.....the boat hit 60mph or so in clip #3 (didn't have my gps to verify it unfortunately) and this was at half or a little over half throttle:D .
Anyways that was round #1,....we went back 5 days later for round #2, thought we were going to have a great run (tuned the boat on the trailer at the house before we left and had her running crisp), but boy were we wrong, we made the pass you see in the video (Nov. 10), I had my gps with me this time, we managed a measly 50mph at the end of the straight (Dad and I could tell the boat wasn't running right),....as we went around the bend you can see in the distance, we ended up breaking through some ice (water was still and shaded in this particular section) and wouldn't you know it the boat dies and won't start (it's getting late at this point),....so my Dad and I busted out the paddles and got it off the ice back into the water,.....he tried starting it again and she fired, it was short lived though as it only ran for 1,200ft. or so and died (Dad drained the battery and toasted the starter trying to start it again). Anyways after about a km or more of rowing we got it back to the boat launch and loaded it up. My Dad later remembered he didn't tighten down the distributor bolt after we had tuned it at the house prior to leaving, so what happened was the timing got bumped back from the motion of the boat out on the water. This motor likes a ton of lead (30 degrees initial if my memory is correct?) or else she doesn't run at all.
She's tucked away for the winter right now and I am eagerly awaiting spring here as you all can imagine.Laughing

Last edited by JamesS on Fri Jan 27, 2006 2:23 am; edited 2 times in total
JamesS

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are the specs

Hull:
1999 Eagle 21ft. Tunnel

Engine:
502ci. Chevrolet big block (1977 454 hi-perf pass 2 bolt main block Confused )
Eagle 4340 stroker crankshaft
Eagle connecting rods
SRP 10:1 pistons
World Products Merlin "Bill Grumpy Jenkins" rectangular port heads
Crane 1.7:1 roller rocker arms
Comp cam (not sure on the specs, Davenport never sent them Mad )
Holley Strip Dominator intake manifold
Demon 850cfm carburetor
K&N air filter
Kodiak exhaust manifolds

Pump:
Berkley 12JG Confused
Chrunyk droop snoot
Chrunyk race nozzle

Impeller:
Aluminum A2 Confused

Quick question for you guys, what kind of top speed should this boat be capable of?, setup properly and with somebody exeprienced behind the wheel (my Dad and I have only driven this jetboat twice,...our only jetboating experience to date Embarassed Embarassed Sad ) .
padgett114

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

James nice boat. Just a suggestion but in video 1 and 2 you might have tried to steer the boat side to side as this will sometime help get up on plane. Or stick you wife or girl friend on the nose of the boat.
JamesS

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

padgett114 wrote:
James nice boat. Just a suggestion but in video 1 and 2 you might have tried to steer the boat side to side as this will sometime help get up on plane. Or stick you wife or girl friend on the nose of the boat.

My Dad has done all the driving to date so far. I'll be sure he knows to steer side to side next time! Cool . Those first video clips were when we had 3 or 4 degrees worth of shims.
Xerophobic

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im sure that boat should be faster than mine the way you have it set up. I run a 12jg and a stock nozzle setup for now. You may have seen the thread where I pulled 70.3 on GPS and that was with an A2 imp. Of course the impressive part about that # was that I was using my backup motor at the time and its a bone stock 460 ford from a '78 van! I just had my stealth intake/headers and MSD on it.
Im hoping to get a full cage in mine over the next few months, lose a few seats and try a more racey setup and I am hoping with a pump rebuild/SS imp "A" I can get into the mid/high 80's eventually.
Im told a really well setup BBFX boat can do mid 90's on a good day
Boat looks nice
Cheers

(Hope you're not jealous but Im hoping to go boating in the next few weeks, stupid winter!

5H Outlaw

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went for a drive today and found some open water as well........just can't get to it very handy!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: