OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

newbe Questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Velcro

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:50 pm    Post subject: newbe Questions Reply with quote

looking to buy my first aluminum jet boat, not sure yet what i will buy.
Went to see 2 tunnel hulls, and both were kinked on top of the hull just aside of the windshields, and sides of the hull were warped about 2 feet long just under those kinks.
Is it because those hulls have been raced hard, and have had a few bad landings, or do they all get like that at one point.

My other question is: Technically, what is the difference in the hull design that makes the steptech run dryer thus faster than the deltapad.

Thanks
shallow draft

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For a first boat DO NOT get a Tunnel hull or step teck boat. It will not be anywhere near as forgiving as a delta pad boat. You will end up hating it and stuck a lot more than in a boat that you can go slower and still stay on step. That will translate into more impeller wear.
Before you buy any boat, ride in and and if possable drive as many boats as you can. Determine the type, boat maker, model and use that you intend to put this boat to.
This is just my 2 cents worth

Velcro

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the input.
Here is my story: I already have an outboard fiberglass speedboat (old sunray ss150 with a 85hp that does 50 Mph), and would like to have the same kind of sport ride but bigger and faster.
I did lots of fiberglass rework on my hull to make it tough enough for me and got fed up with fiberglass.(I don't trust fiberglass hulls anymore) So now, the only kinda hull i am willing to buy would be an aluminum one.
As there is no outboard aluminum hull that would fit my needs, i decided to look for outlaw eagle boats.
TOP DAWG

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends what you want to do with the boat, I have owned a few pleasure tunnel boats and i always liked them. They handle very well at higher speeds, if your going to baot at 45-60mph a tunnel is probably not the right boat for you. I currently run a 20' step Tech with radiused bottom and really like it. Definately go for a ride in all three different styles of hull's if you can then you wont be dissapointed.

www.bullseyeenterprises.ca

follow us on instagram @bulleyeenterprises

Like us on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/bullseyeenterprisespeaceriver?ref=hl
Arthur
Outlaw Eagle Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would suggest you Do not Rule out a step tec as a first boat, but like these guys have said....try them all if you can. The three boats that were spoken of are exactly the three boats I want in my garage. One of each for 3 different types of boating...good luck in your search!
Velcro

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As i live in Quebec, Canada, there is not much chance for me to enventually have a ride in the 3 types of hull talked above but Thanks for the inputs anyway
Too bad there is not much of these around here.
I am now looking forward to buy a Deltapad.

But I am still intersted in an answer to the 2 questions on my first post.
(Sorry, i am curious)
Thanks.
TOP DAWG

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would think these hulls probably seen some abuse, if you dont take your foot off the throttle and you go fast and hard into rough water, something is gotta give or break. I have onle ever owned Outlaw and Eagle hulls nad they are really strong. Everything has its limmits

www.bullseyeenterprises.ca

follow us on instagram @bulleyeenterprises

Like us on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/bullseyeenterprisespeaceriver?ref=hl
Rapid Transit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

velcro.....sounds like the boat with the kinks was the sellers first boat, the only way the kinks will be there is from some kind of impact, normal boating should not bend them, they are well made, the only ones I have seen bent,have been dropped from a crane, hit a rock ,and went up, then dove into the bottom of the red deer river, or the one in the last worlds races, hit a bank I think. Spencer King hit the bank at 100 a few years ago and drove it right up through the sod, filled the boat with dirt, no serious damage tho

I agree with going with the deltapad, it will be a LOT more forgiving in the shallow water, let you learn to drive, at a slower speed, and keep your wife happier.

A step tec hull is designed to force air under the hull at 40 mph + that will lift it out of the water, making it dryer running, and more stable at higher speeds, corner flatter, no hull roll or lean like a lake boat when turning, which can be an asset if you are trying to push water as you turn in a shallow spot. I have a 17 ft and do a lot of shallow water playing in the back channels, so speed is not the important factor, 60 + is good enough for me
h2orescuemedic

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If all things are equal? Weight, leanth, width, engine size?

how must difference would a guy see. Like on step speed, ease of getting on step empty and with a boat full of people? I hear so must about the differnt hulls but i have never seen anything that showes were each hulls shine and makes them the best for each use.

Velcro

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:26 am    Post subject: Done Reply with quote

I finally bought a 21 foot deltapad, thanks for all the inputs guys
MOriverbum

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Missing the 21ft delta!
HOOLIGAN

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you Dont ask questions man...whats wrong with you?? Just find a good deal and buy it ...ask questions later! Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: