OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

solas impeller
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mabou

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:02 pm    Post subject: solas impeller Reply with quote

Has any one tried the Mc-Cd-22/39 Solas Concord impeller in a 175 sport jet
On-Track

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might be interested in taking a look at these new SJ impellers that are on the market now. They are made out of duplex ss and have way thicker blades compared to the other impellers making them way more durable.

REPO

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been kinda interested in those as well. I like the idea of them being thicker. Does anyone have any real world experience with them? How would they compare to the regular hi-skews that are out there?
mabou

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:45 pm    Post subject: solas impeller Reply with quote

Is the 4 blade the same as the 47-883796T01 quick slilver only thicker , And where are they sold? Thanks
REPO

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EX Welding in Prince George. $1000.00
DiggsNWT

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REPO wrote:

I work for a Merc dealership and can pick up the Merc high skew for a little over $500...at 1/2 price of the Solas the Merc HS seems to make it a no brainer...but geez...that new Solas seems to be a thick blade...maybe it will last twice as long as the Merc high skew!

Diggs
mabou

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:35 pm    Post subject: solas impeller Reply with quote

Here is a link to these impellers, has any one tried one?
http://www.iboats.com/Mc-Cd-22-39-Solas-Concord/dm/view_id.510685
On-Track

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DiggsNWT wrote:
REPO wrote:

I work for a Merc dealership and can pick up the Merc high skew for a little over $500...at 1/2 price of the Solas the Merc HS seems to make it a no brainer...but geez...that new Solas seems to be a thick blade...maybe it will last twice as long as the Merc high skew!

Diggs

They are not Solas impellers the are Exw impellers. I believe the Solas are even cheaper the the Merc's. Not only having a thicker blades and being manufactured out of duplex ss. I don't think the Mrec or Solas will stand up pumping alot of gravel like these will with a ss liner. Repo you are close the 3 balde Hi-skew retails @ $900.00 and 4 blade Hi-skew @ $1050.00. I think the initial cost will be not a big factor for the serious shallow running boater. It will be the long term saving on not rebuilding the impeller one, two or three times a year. I don't think the other impellers will keep a light boat with a 200 SJ on step as low as 3400 rpms.
REPO

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats correct. I was just throwing out a general price range for the new 4 blade from EX. I sure like the looks of them, just hard on the wallet. I am still on the fence as to what to purchase for my own boat.
towman

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the 1K for stricly impeller or is that with the SS sleeve and exchange like the other hi skews? im gonna call, looks like the way to go!
REPO

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From Ex the $1050 is for the 4 blade impeller only.
uliwon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:50 pm    Post subject: Duplex hi-skew's Reply with quote

I too just priced out the 3 blade HS and SS wear ring for a 175 SJ...as mentioned the impeller is $900, with a traded-in housing, the SS wear ring is $450.

I was told the 3 blade on a lighter boat is the cat's ass...good hole shot without losing top end...plus they make an after-market reverse bucket that actually works...its $500 bones.

tuchodi51

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone one run this impeller? We just replaced the worn out hi-scew and aluminum wear ring with the 4 blade impeller and new SS wear ring in a 15ft boat with a 200 sport jet. Made no difference. Pulls exactly the same as a worn out hi-scew and wear ring. Ran it for three hrs,was a dog out of the hole, less top end,all and all not impressed. If it performs like this brand new, how bad will it be once its worn? Going to put in a new hi- scew this weekend and see how it does. After looking at the impellers side by side on the bench, it seems the EX has less pitch to it. Any thoughts?
REPO

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a bunch more info on the MeanChicken website about the EX impeller. I am interested myself, but would like to talk to someone who has actually ran it first hand!
RPM

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tuchodi51 , could the new heavy impeller from exact be a little too tight in the new wear ring and possibly holding it back ? might be better after it loosens up some . if you find the pitch on the merc impeller suits you better a good rebuild with some high alloy wear resistant rod leaving a little extra in the high wear spots instead of the over ground thinned out blades you see on some rebuilds works pretty good .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: