OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RAT 200 RESULTS
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TURBO

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:46 pm    Post subject: RAT 200 RESULTS Reply with quote

Hey just wondering who is placing where and who all showed up to race?
Arthur
Outlaw Eagle Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gords hauling ass(as usual)....Whitey has fuel issues and ran out 10 miles from the finish of the first leg......not too sure on the CXs, but Rick is hauling in FX. I smacked a couple big rollers, dove the nose in and ripped both wings from the hull. Rode the last half wingless and the also the leg down(sucked) we all had a pretty good battle in FX near the end and the Vs were also going hard. Great day of racing for this green horn....ears are ringing and my cheeks are sore from smiling! I will post a pic of the board tomorrow morning if I remember my phone!
Arthur
Outlaw Eagle Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boosted

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will add a few things.
Dale had fuel issues on the first leg and was not able to contiue. Ryan rogers ran a flawless race and was very fast. The times don't show it but the top 4 cx boats were actually very close in speed. Tim greber picked up an intermitent short in his alternator and gave him a dnf on the second leg but was good to go on Sunday. Jay Grahn picked up a rock at the first leg start then got spun out at the mouth of the Smokey by a wake from the boat he was passing he was up and runiing again in a couple of minutes.

Lets go back I think we missed one rock!
Arthur
Outlaw Eagle Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last circuit race in CX was awesome...Weavers tried everything they could to pass RRogers but couldn't make it stick....the first FX heat I was in was a bit of a shit show, but I learned lots. Met alot of great people and definitely see myself being a long time racer...what a blast!
mayo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anyone post the final times for everyone
shallowman

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:58 am    Post subject: races Reply with quote

I have heard by a few people now that Jay was cut off at the mouth ,
who was in front of him ??
i thought that all the racers have mirrors and are not supposed to cut off other boats when they have the line ,
i also know that he got cut off bad in the circuits also ,
u would think if u are slower u would man up and let him go

just my two cents worth
50/50

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was a big poplar stuck at the mouth of the Smoky(Wapiti). Some boats decided to go around and some cut the corner, last minute decision. Thats what we saw from shore : a late decision caused it.

It is to bad that 2 boats circled the wrong island in the circuits : looked to be of of the closest race.
Arthur
Outlaw Eagle Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know if I hadn't of screwed up my start it could have been a great three way race, it was just to dam confusing when we would see them in totally different spots every lap and couldn't figure out why. On our third lap they were heading to Magoos so I assumed I had one more then we were done(wanted to finish every leg) Nav had one piece of tape left to pull off, but I assumed he just missed one(they finished to early and I felt there was no way they worked us that bad) but now know why. Turns out I did 4 complete laps and they run 5 part laps....I was driving like I wanted to chase them down but every lap got more confusing. After I saw them leaving I thought i would do one more, so I hugged the shore to get the checkers, but saw nothing. I think a white flag for last lap should be the norm at all Circuts to avoid some confusion....I would have loved to do all five. I would have also liked to try and run them down to make up for my error. Lesson learned...RUN YOUR OWN RACE, ALWAYS TRUST YOUR NAV, and don't shut the motor off when the white start flag is up(I was creeping up go the start line in some pretty still water by the starting booth) still loved every minute of it!
50/50

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There were boats praticing the circuit the night before and some were turning at that island and some were going further. I figured there was going to be some confusion.

I stood on that log jam, watched the race unfold ...You must have been the boat I gave the confusion/ touchdown signal to.. but I thought you had done the five laps and it was over...
shallowman

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:45 pm    Post subject: laps racing Reply with quote

Hi i was the flag boat at the bottom and when u looked at me after the fourth lap i put up my hand to show u that u had one more lap to go , we knew on the radio that the 2 boats were done as they turned to early ,
must not have seen me as i counted all the laps

to bad
shallowman

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:48 pm    Post subject: at the mouth Reply with quote

my understanding Jay was cut off , maybe not , wasn't there , hope it was that log that caused the problem , not a driver , glad u were there to see what happened

let'er buck
Twisted Evil
boosted

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jay caught the wake from the boat that swirved at the last second to go around the log instead of the inside of it and thats what spun him out. He spun so hard that it ripped the air cleaner off breaking the carb stud in then process. Thats racing!!

Lets go back I think we missed one rock!
Viking502

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All i gotta say is WOW!!!!
I had the time of my life navigating in FX 44.
Leg 1 was an "eye opener" for me.
Learned alot.
Totally addicted!!

Arthur
Outlaw Eagle Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like Gord had some competition from FXV in leg 3..... Confused Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: