OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Horsepower Classe
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
boosted

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaxPower wrote:
I certailnly don't have the solution, I thought fxsb would be one. I'm glad I didn't get into it, put your heart and soul, all your dough, build a legal fx boat and some jackass spanks you with a cheater motor and gets away with it. Sealed engines is probably the only way.

Actually fx is one. The top finishers last year are definately legal and almost did a first for jet boat racers. Made some money at it!!! Laughing

Lets go back I think we missed one rock!
MaxPower

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So all top fx's were tec'd all season? I heard different. There's also alot you can do to the internals and still pass tech.
boosted

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gee what did you hear? Laughing

Lets go back I think we missed one rock!
MaxPower

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that they weren't all tech'd all season. If I was misinformed so be it. Like I said, you can still spend a pile of dough and labour on mods for some more power and still pass tech. Sealed engine might be the answer, wouldn't be without it's problems too. Just my opinions, I'm not a racer, just a spectator. I was involved in racing myself where there was alot of cheatin goin on, pretty hard to compete when you're legal.
MaxPower

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AND don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that everyone is cheating or that any ONE racer is, just saying mods can be made and still pass tech.
shockersdud

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:49 am    Post subject: Re: Horsepower Classe Reply with quote

Itsworthit wrote:
I say,

All clubs together, put aside some money and purchase a portable dyno, or get our hands on one somehow, one that could be adapted to a pumpshaft, we fit it with water
services reviews and all the necessary ingredients to test engines out of the water

When you register your boat for the race, you would register in one of the 5 classes

- (U) Unlimited (Piston or Turbine as it is an unlimited class)
- (A) no more than 750 hp @ 6000 rpm
- (B) no more than 650 hp @ 6000 rpm
- (LS) no more than 550 hp @ 6000 rpm
- (FX) no more than 400 hp @ 5000 rpm, might need 2 classes of FX, one for Tunnels and one for V-EE bottoms

After each race, the top four per class get tested,

Horsepower in each Class suggested above are only suggestions

The dyno would travel to all the races and be USED every race,

I haven't done any searching for such a machine but I'm sure we could find something or build something to work, then it wouldn't matter if Joe Blow had roller rockers, or if Dan Dingbat had different pistons, you see where I'm going with this, Fords, Chev's or Dodges, it wouldn't matter, only the loose nut behind the wheel

Sounds pretty simple, Heh

Pick your Class and Race

Hello I am replying to old thread just to inquire when you will organize next race session?

Last edited by shockersdud on Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Arthur
Outlaw Eagle Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Horsepower Classe Reply with quote

Itsworthit wrote:
I say,

All clubs together, put aside some money and purchase a portable dyno, or get our hands on one somehow, one that could be adapted to a pumpshaft, we fit it with water and all the necessary ingredients to test engines out of the water

When you register your boat for the race, you would register in one of the 5 classes

- (U) Unlimited (Piston or Turbine as it is an unlimited class)
- (A) no more than 750 hp @ 6000 rpm
- (B) no more than 650 hp @ 6000 rpm
- (LS) no more than 550 hp @ 6000 rpm
- (FX) no more than 400 hp @ 5000 rpm, might need 2 classes of FX, one for Tunnels and one for V-EE bottoms

After each race, the top four per class get tested,

Horsepower in each Class suggested above are only suggestions

The dyno would travel to all the races and be USED every race,

I haven't done any searching for such a machine but I'm sure we could find something or build something to work, then it wouldn't matter if Joe Blow had roller rockers, or if Dan Dingbat had different pistons, you see where I'm going with this, Fords, Chev's or Dodges, it wouldn't matter, only the loose nut behind the wheel

Sounds pretty simple, Heh

Pick your Class and Race

NO BRAKES

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neat setup. Kiwi engineering?
Arthur
Outlaw Eagle Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure....think I got it from the Mexico fb page
ALL IN

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't usually weigh in on this stuff but as a racer I beleive this is very important.
The first thing everyone has to understand cheaters/bed wetters are going to cheat no matter what we do to try stop them. A cheater is willing to put more time & money into cheating than we are in catching them.
Our techs are minimal at best, going forward they need to be fast, accurate with good criteria and easy to inforce. Question being how much time and money are we willing to spend, volunteers & money are hard to come by.
Having a dyno at the dock would create more of a bottle neck than we already have, anybody who has raced knows what it is like to get your boat in the water with racers, support boats & family boats all doing the same. Allot of wrenching & time would be necessary. Some boats are still wrenching right up until race time, they barely make their flag, never mind a dyno.
I agree with sandman lets not worry about taking someones engine (I wouldn't like to be the officials trying to pull it with a couple of volunteers). A 2 year race suspension would be very easy to inforce.
Wazza

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ALL IN wrote:
Our techs are minimal at best, going forward they need to be fast, accurate with good criteria and easy to inforce. .

Do you actually have a testing procedure for crate motor classes? In Nz been talk of it but not seen anything yet. Be good to know what/if is happening as just setting up my motor at the moment. CX should be black and white whereas FX a bit too murky.
eddie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In NZ the V8 Super-tourers have a similar formula with one common motor for the whole class (LS7 - even for the Fords!). Last year they introduced a 'peer review' type tech inspection where representatives from 3 randomly selected teams go through other random cars with a scrutineer, kind of outlined here: http://www.motornews.co.nz/top-tier/v8-supertourers/what-do-you-think-of-the-v8-supertourers-peer-engineering-push/

There is a separate competing series called the NZV8's that use similar cars but have a Ford in a Ford, 'Holden' in the Holden, Toyota in the Toyota... They maintain parity with one independent company dyno-ing the cars and tuning the ECU so that all engines have similar power curves - some info here: http://www.motornews.co.nz/top-tier/nzv8/nzv8s-partner-with-stm-for-engine-parity-tuning/

It doesn't really matter what direction they go down as long as it's fair and reasonable (and there are clear rules) - but the control engine path does seem easier to check from a scrutineers perspective although both directions have merit.
WILSON

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 3 cents:

1c.- ALL IN is 100% right. Simple rules, easy to enforce is the way to go. He is also right about penalty. Trying to take an engine away is great on paper, but practically impossible. Send cheaters away from the racing circuit.

2c.- If they are REALLY using stock crate engines, why not limit the fuel to pump fuel only? The more hours I put into my ZZ4 engine for racing with crappy mexican pump fuel, the more I think that the opponents of fuel limits are cheaters.

3c. Even if we come to a true standarization of engines, there's plenty of innovation to be made on hulls and jet units.

nakijet

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NO BRAKES wrote:
Neat setup. Kiwi engineering?

This was the first version I made. I think the gearing was too high and the dyno didn't load to well, hub speed was to high (essentially the same as a top gear power run).
The main thing I wanted was something portable because I don't own my own dyno, so when the guys from down south used it they decided to go a step further and set up something in their shop.
Mine owed me $150

P1030264 (Medium).JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  89.79 KB
 Viewed:  19670 Time(s)

P1030264 (Medium).JPG

P1030261 (Medium).JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  59.99 KB

P1030261 (Medium).JPG

P1030257 (Medium).JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  110.43 KB

P1030257 (Medium).JPG

Arthur
Outlaw Eagle Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That motor def looks kiwi!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: