OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

my last build.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> PHOTO GALLERY
View previous topic :: View next topic  
riverboater

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

4D55T Mitsubishi, late 80's they came out in several vehicles. 1987 ford ranger, 1986 dodge d-50 and several other brands. the most expensive part of the install was the drive adapter. If it works I will pull it and give it a good wake up overhaul.
sandman

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

riverboater, what are those copper lines running forward of the engine?
Interesting build to say the least!

mof

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sandman wrote:

Heat exchanger. 20mm copper line inside 40mm copper line. 1 metre per 100hp. river water thru the 20mm, coolant thru the 40mm, water flows opposite directions.
riverboater

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thing has been ready for a test flight for about 2 months now, haven't had a spare minute to stick it in the water. I have shut the shop door to other boats so I can focus on my own, a couple more weeks and the rush should be over.
sandman

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mof wrote:
sandman wrote:

Heat exchanger. 20mm copper line inside 40mm copper line. 1 metre per 100hp. river water thru the 20mm, coolant thru the 40mm, water flows opposite directions.

Nice design for the purpose, should be self draining on the trailer too I would imagine.
Make sure to keep it under the floor boards, crackheads have developed a taste for copper!
Keep us informed when you get the diesel going!

riverboater

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So finally got the diesel on the water, yes it worked, no it didn't work too good. With me alone and about 5 gallons of fuel it would plane out and perform somewhat normal. The engine needs help as the fuel pump is a little weak and the boost was only 10 lbs. Ran nice and smooth off idle but would shake the knots off a blue spruce at idle. So at this time it is back on the shop floor until I find a few more new parts. I think it would work better in a bit lighter boat, maybe not such a deep V.
So I beat the bushes and found another 4.3 v-6. This one is a Kodiak fuel injected with 20 hours on it. A couple more wires to hook up and a return fuel line and it will be back to the water again. This being the fifth different engine in the boat now it has enough holes in the stringers that just about anything will mount without drilling any new holes. It should be interesting to see how the Kodiak compares to the Marine Power v-6 the boat started out with. Fuel injected over carb should give better economy and maybe a bit more grunt, time will tell.
riverboater
riverboater

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Kodiak is much stronger than the Marine power, 17 overlap and 19 second Scotts for the marine power with a 96 nozzle ran about 4700 rpm and about 50 mph. the Kodiak is turning 19-21 progressive and 22 second with a 92 nozzle to 4550 rpm at almost 56 mph.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> PHOTO GALLERY All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: