OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PEACE RIVER RACE
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
whitecourtlife

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two questions.

What was the cost of the fix?

Why did the boat have to be looked at when Brian and Duane already knew what was done to it?

I guess 3 questions....

What happened to the protest money? Does he get it back? Maybe in the future if someone gets work done to "Fix" there engine in could be shared with the rest of the class so they don't protest to find out that an official has deemed it ok. These people from what I seen decided to protest for two reasons, the thought the boat was fast for how wet it was and rumors of work being done.

Duane is an awesome racer and fun to be around this just could have been dealt with different to avoid all this. IMO
ntek168

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it even a question to wether this engine is STOCK. Take any factory assembled gm crate engine. Surface/straighten the block/deck will increase increase power every time and will even hold peak power at severe conditions. Performance felpro gaskets help this too. Dyno's are a good judge of this. lots of technicalities overlooked here. Never have i heard of decking one side of a block and not the other side. would be a unbalanced ticking time BOMB!!. Not fiction speaking, but 25years building performance racing engines. And was there even a witness's to work being done or was the just left up to the machinist and the racer!!!. Any modification should have been considered when those boat are running that close. I'm sure any little bit would effect results. Not one sided to either one of the competitors, but just stating some facts. Have to call the class ufx now. Later
Arthur
Outlaw Eagle Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mayo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol..exactly arthur
whitecourtlife

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was that for me Arthur?
Arthur
Outlaw Eagle Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely not...it was for a laugh. I dug into a couple of you're questions and found some answers.

1. The bill at the engine shop was $2600. A lot better than $4500. This incident happened on his second run with a brand new ZZ4. I would have done the same.

2.Pretty hard to take the word of a couple racers when you strongly believe there has been modifications done. Best is to put your money down and find out for sure. Nathan did the right thing IMO, because who knows how long this has been bugging him. It might not be the results everyone was looking for, but all the info is out there now and I'm sure there will be a lot of discussion about it at the next meeting. Like I stated before...88 followed all the proper steps by asking permission and having a rep present at the engine shop. Trust me...Dwayne can afford $4500.

3.Not sure if this being 'out there' would have helped or hurt this situation. Pretty hard to communicate something like this to all past, present and future racers. He did everything he had to, to be legit. He's not the cheating type.

Like Bob said...5HP is FA. We all know what makes a boat go fast and the decking that was done is of no advantage IMO. It takes set up knowledge and tons of testing. He's had help from Chruynk and Lietch, both who know a thing or two about winning.(I could use the same help)

Motor placement, Loader grate, spoon work, diet, pump work, wedges, nozzle deg, big balls and fast hands win races.
Arthur
Outlaw Eagle Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh....and a good Nav doesn't hurt either Smile
mayo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh that's gonna go to his head
WILSON

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
1. The bill at the engine shop was $2600. A lot better than $4500. This incident happened on his second run with a brand new ZZ4. I would have done the same.

I guess I hadn't got it right, then....

I found this very interesting article on "The Economist", worth reading....

Description:
 Filesize:  32.47 KB
 Viewed:  17454 Time(s)

Wazza

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

interesting read Wilson. applying game theory principles and given there appears to be no proactive testing of motors in this sport my motors off to theengine builder next week.... Rolling Eyes
Turbo Lar

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys sounds like an awsome club. I have being a member of lots of clubs and the thing that turns off new people the most that might want to join any club is the bickering in a club. Isint this something that should be settled by your exective ? Just thinking how bad it looks for all involved. Sorry dont mean to sound poopy, just thinking of the well being for your club.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: