OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

3rd Annual Herb Setz SR. Poker Run

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> POKER RALLY EVENTS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NO BRAKES

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:16 am    Post subject: 3rd Annual Herb Setz SR. Poker Run Reply with quote

Date: August 17 2013
Departing from: Lower West Peace Launch
Departing Time: 12 noon
Finishing at: Strong Creek Park
Prizes: Top 5 hands will split 50% of the proceeds and the other 50% will be donated to the Peace River SPCA

As always volunteers and prize donations are always accepted and appreciated! Contact Joan at 780-618-1821

Same as last year we will head down river towards Herbs cabin and then back up. Our final checkpoint and card stop #5 will be Strong Creek Park. Camping at Strong Creek is free for the event! Strong Creek Park is located 8 km south of the Town of Peace River, Alberta on Shaftesbury Trail (Highway 684). The rally is open to non boaters and campers alike with hands and supper tickets available for purchase after the rally at Strong Creek. Come on out and enjoy a great day on the river or a great evening with friends! Tons of cash and prizes to be won!

Everyone had a blast last year and every hand lefty with a prize! So let's do it again! Hope to see you all on the river for a great cause and of course a lot of fun!

Herb1.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  56.93 KB
 Viewed:  19787 Time(s)

Herb1.JPG

NO BRAKES

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Were getting close to our rally weekend and we are short a couple of volunteers to run our second card stop just down river from the DMI pulp mill. If anyone is interested please let Joan know at 780-618-1821. Thanks in advance and see you all on the river!
NO BRAKES

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to everyone who came out on Saturday for the third annual Herb Setz memorial poker rally! We raised close to 2500 dollars for the Peace River SPCA. 2000$ in prize money and over 100 door prizes were won, on a beautiful summer day to be on the river. A big thank you to Avenge Energy Services, DFI and all of the other sponsors who helped out. Thank you all for coming and we will See you next year!!
Thunder Buddy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:51 am    Post subject: Poker rally Reply with quote

!st time at peace river poker rally, all in all it was a good day, supper was great the way they did the door prizes was goofy we were a group of 10 that all bought poker hands 4 children, I did not care that i did not get a door prize but when some of the kids did not its dishearting for them as they dont fully understand, also the box was not mixed very well as we were a group of first ones in and we were pretty well the last group pulled out, so not mixed at all , some of the people were called out 3 times in a row. This poker rally is not geared to kids in any means, so i did enjoy the supper i spent over 500$ on poker hands 50/50 and supper and mine 9 year old grand daughter got a drywall hat for a door prize, so Peace river brush up on that to make it better, Next year I will opt out, I hear the Fort saint John poker rally is great fun for the kids also so I think I will try to attend that one for sure,
Thunder Buddy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:53 am    Post subject: Re: Poker rally Reply with quote

Thunder Buddy wrote:
!st time at peace river poker rally, all in all it was a good day, supper was great the way they did the door prizes was goofy we were a group of 10 that all bought poker hands 4 children, I did not care that i did not get a door prize but when some of the kids did not its dishearting for them as they dont fully understand, also the box was not mixed very well as we were a group of first ones in and we were pretty well the last group pulled out, so not mixed at all , some of the people were called out 3 times in a row. This poker rally is not geared to kids in any means, so i did enjoy the supper i spent over 500$ on poker hands 50/50 and supper and mine 9 year old grand daughter got a drywall hat for a door prize, so Peace river brush up on that to make it better, Next year I will opt out, I hear the Fort saint John poker rally is great fun for the kids also so I think I will try to attend that one for sure,
Prizes: Top 5 hands will split 50% of the proceeds and the other 50% will be donated to the Peace River SPCA

I think they did only 3 spots for 50/50?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> POKER RALLY EVENTS All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: