OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Discusion on fx/cx engine rules for sat 14th meeting
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
boosted

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:41 pm    Post subject: Discusion on fx/cx engine rules for sat 14th meeting Reply with quote

This is one topic that needs to be sorted out especially after this years contraversy in FX class.
As I see it we have four options.
1. keep the rules as is and let the cheating begin/get worse.

2. Go with a sealed crate engine only effective by the worlds in 2015.

3. Adopt the New zealand rules that are being used for this years worlds.

4. Adopt the New Zealand rules and make further changes tio tighten them up more

Obviously the first rule in my opinion is not an option.

The second rule although pretty much curing any questions of engine cheating is much more costly to some of the racers than the other options. This would be somewhat easier on the tech people helping out in the race

Lets go back I think we missed one rock!
boosted

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously the first rule in my opinion is not an option.

The second rule although pretty much curing any questions of engine cheating is much more costly to some of the racers than the other options. This would be somewhat easier on the tech people helping out in the race.

The third one would make it easier for international racers to come to Canada without make a bunch of changes to accomadat our rules. This would also give us a much tighter rule set for the engines that would help stem some cheating. Unfortionataly it would still be quite possible for those who really want to cheat to be able to. It would also put more of a workload on our tech people who are volunteers.

I don't see the forth one really helping in any other than less chance of cheating.

boosted

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing to remember is that we need to look at what is best for the sport and just not what is best for any one racer. If we were out trhe volunteers we will not have any races and conversly if we make it to hard for the racers we won't have any racers to race.

In my opinion it is #2 or #3 that we should make the rule. I am leaning toward the sealed engine rule at this time just because although it is a bit of a hard pill to swallow for some, in the long run I think it may work better for the organization. Crappy fo me as I love biulding engine to start with. LOl

What ya think guys?!!!

Wazza

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is there any way to validate the seals? would be critical if going to seal engines and make any inspection of tighter rules a lot easier.

u also want to be careful using the word cheating. you can currently gain a lot within the current rules . not cheating but using $ to gain an advantage...or in some cases using money to save money on a new motor.
boosted

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes the seals can be validated.

Well that there is the exact problem. Everyone knows what we are trying to achieve when we use a crate motor. Yes there is alot ot be gained at the present time and just because it does not specifically say you can't do something doesn't make it ok to do it. I consider anyone who knowingly makes a mechanical or other modification that has not been specifically allowed (ie carb size,oil pan, etc) from the stock engine to increase power cheating.

In the interest of it though please substitute manufacturing an unfair advanatage in all places that I have used the word cheating.

Wazza

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that better Laughing

how the seals validated?
boosted

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparantly they have #sn. GM has software available to catolog the seals also. Iam also sure there are other forms of security that I am not privy to.

Wazza

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plenty of talk on the net about being able to validate them but not found anywhere that actually says this what you use and this how you do it.... anyone?
boosted

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GM has sofware and instructions on how to use it. Maybe a neat addition would be a mandatory 25,000 fine if caught cheating with a sealed engine by tampering with the seals.

Wazza

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure if you use the expression 'like pulling teeth' over there.

Have you got a link to this device you are referring to- ideally on a GM website - or a GM part number?
boosted

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not really on here to supply information on the sealed racing program from GM so no teeth to pull, but Miss B Haven who is on here some has been doing the ground work regarding the GM sealed engine program. I have seen the links but do not have them as that was not the reason for me starting this discussion. A proper sealed engine program will protect the sport from the people who want that manufactured unfair advantage that was brought up.

Wazza

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the answer to my original question is you don't know... Smile

Have spoken to Miss Behaving some time ago and have not been made aware the software is actually available... correct me if i'm wrong.

I'm not sure how you have a discussion about sealing engines or technical inspections on sealed engines without being able to validate the seals.

One month out from the World's and I see is mandatory testing of all place getters in crate motor classes- Surely a simple first step for CX would be a validation of the seals.

BTW great to see the LSX going well - great to see people like yourself pioneering it!
boosted

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

General Motors does not build as many sealed racing engines as they do without having a way of validating the seals. It would be pointless. Jesse has the info specifically. I do not need to know exactly what it just that it exists.
The discussion on here is to weigh the pros and cons for options provided or other options that racers have so that the discussion on Sat has is well founded.

Wazza

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent. Look forward to MissBehaven updating...

Good luck for the meeting on Saturday- Will be watching outcome with interest.
polaris99132

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:12 pm    Post subject: ZZ4 Reply with quote

As someone who is looking into racing FX this is a topic i have been following. its too bad something as simple as a running a" crate motor to spec"has become difficult to monitor. Experience tells us something is up when people are pulling away in a class that is usually pretty tight. The dispute was the first i recal that went to tech so why the big reaction. Myself it will make it not affordable to enter if i have to buy a sealed engine every time something fails and it does. The class has become small already and unless more people can get into the sport it will become a millionaire club until they are extinct. no offence
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: