OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2014 Jet River Racing Rules

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Race Epic

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:11 pm    Post subject: 2014 Jet River Racing Rules Reply with quote

Here are the 2014 US classes and regulations. In the US for 2014 both the driver and navigator must have physicals.

2014 US Jet River Racing Series Check List.pdf
 Description:
 Filesize:  108.05 KB
 Viewed:  10181 Time(s)

2014 US Jet River Racing Series Check List.pdf

2014 US Jet River Racing Series Regulations.pdf
 Description:
 Filesize:  277.17 KB

2014 US Jet River Racing Series Regulations.pdf

2014 US Jet River Racer Series Class Rules.pdf
 Description:
 Filesize:  218.83 KB

2014 US Jet River Racer Series Class Rules.pdf

blogging

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WHo Would I Talk To About The Rules? My Motor BUilder Has Some Questions?
ALEX

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the status on the ZZ4 availability;I understand it is discontinued by GM.
Arthur
Outlaw Eagle Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZZ5 is allowed this year
MISSBHAVEN

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blogging wrote:
WHo Would I Talk To About The Rules? My Motor BUilder Has Some Questions?

Myself and Tim Greber will be teching this year in Grande Prairie, you can have your motor builder call me if you want 780-831-9165. HOWEVER, if you're racing in FX, CX or LSX crate class, the rules are very straight forward (IMO-engine builders should only be involved if a repair is needed) Other than what's stated in the rules, no changes or modifications to the engine are allowed in anyway from OEM specs and all parts must be OEM and specific to that engine.

Note: Rant below not directed at any one person. Laughing

The idea of the crate classes is to take the engine out of the "Winning combination" and to encourage racers to focus on the grass roots fundamentals of our sport by maximizing their hull and pump performance, river reading and driving skills. The other advantage to having crate classes is to minimize racing costs thereby keeping our sport as affordable to as many racers as possible, and to keep competitors with large budgets from spending there way to having an unfair advantage by turning a $4500 crate motor into a $15,000-$20,000 "Tuned" crate motor. Having loose rules allowing large budget teams to have an unfair advantage is simply not in the best interest of our sport. So, the lower we can keep racing costs in order for our racers to be competitive, the more our sport will grow. It is the Average Joe that has stuck with our sport through it's highs and lows because of their love and passion for it. I believe that it is our obligation to structure and enforce our rules in such a way that will continue to encourage the Average Joe to want to continue to support and race in a sport that we are mutually passionate about. The difference between mediocrity and excellence, is passion.

It is also the Average Joe that has saved our sport from the brink of extinction through their support of these crate classes over the last few years. I strongly believe that if we want our sport to continue to grow, we must keep our rules clear, strict yet simple, and straight forward in order to keep the playing field as equal as possible for all racers regardless of the size of their racing budgets.

JMO - I personally have much more respect for a racer that is successful because of their dedication, perseverance and 100's of hours of hard work, as opposed to taking the easy way by spending money on their engine trying to get an unfair advantage.

Will R

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very, Very well said Jesse. Wish there were a lot more of us out there that have the same mindset
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: