OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

power valves in racing carbs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
whiskey grip

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:40 pm    Post subject: power valves in racing carbs Reply with quote

Is there a need to run a power valve in carbs racing in the fx class? Or are guys puttin plugs in and running all same jet sizes? Im thinkin since there pretty much wide open constantly, the power valve shouldnt matter.
riverboater

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't run power valves in any of my marine carb applications. no issues with the od backfire that way. Since they don't have a no load idle it never has any hesitation on take off. might be different in a prop boat.
RPM

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:51 pm    Post subject: Re: power valves in racing carbs Reply with quote

whiskey grip wrote:
Is there a need to run a power valve in carbs racing in the fx class? Or are guys puttin plugs in and running all same jet sizes? Im thinkin since there pretty much wide open constantly, the power valve shouldnt matter.

I'd say your correct with your thinkin and it is the kiss way to tune it ...... but I have raced in FX with the power valve in the primaries with leaner jets . If your doing any amount of pre running off of wot your cruise will be better and save fuel with it installed . my testing showed that a 6.5 stayed closed till around 36-3800 depending on impeller load and was fully open above 4000 . off plane afr was noticeably cleaned-up and your oil will stay cleaner . I haven't had a power valve blow in a long time even with the odd lean sneeze you get cold starting without a choke but there is that chance .

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: