OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Athabasca poker rally.......edicit.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chrisco

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:17 pm    Post subject: Athabasca poker rally.......edicit. Reply with quote

Went to the Athabasca poker rally last sat and just need to see if this is normal practise. We pulled up to the last stop where the dinner was and parked the boat up on the bank nice and straight and went and sat at the table. My daughter comes running up to me and says someone just hit the boat, ok so I go down and look and ask the guy standing at the boat if he saw anyone hit the white CW he looks a me and says no... ok I said went back to the table. When we got back to the launch I check the side of the boat and low and behold fkn dent and scratch in the side where buddy parked his piece of shit relic of a boat. So to the looser that parked beside the white custom weld be a man next time and let whoevers boat you run into KNOW that you hit it. Yes I know its a river boat but you can still take pried in what you own, and I do.
murr190

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And to the dude throwin a freak show cause the boys were doin victory rolls in front of the campground, your a winner, wal mart sells the docking bouys for cheap... go buy a set. Shitty deal bout your boat though man, mine had some blue paint on it after that last check point, Donno who or where it came from.
Arthur
Outlaw Eagle Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard the story about the guy coming in too hot and smacking a white boat. The guy told me he was coming in fine and it looked as tho he panicked or tripped and hit the throttle the wrong way.(Just what I was told, I was no where around) Definitely not normal practice in the Jetboat world not to find the owner and trade info. I too went back to my boat and found a busted window and scratch on the passenger side when we were leaving with no boat or note in site...but I think I got to the bottom of it already. Luckily my wife went back to my boat shortly after we got there and noticed the boat on the drivers side was getting close, so she put my bumpers out. Yes I realize its just a boat, but the money these things cost is crazy and I'd like to keep mine looking good as long as I can being a 2013.

As for the clown that was screaming at the top of his lungs at my buddy in front of multiple people including his daughter, he needs to settle the F@ck down or park a mile away. It sucks, but when there's 30 boats lined up, rubbing will ensue...victory rolls or not. Some people come in hot and make waves, leave on the gas and make waves and even a boat going by in the middle will create waves on shore. Relax and buy some bumpers. He came very close to getting one punched by a few guys enroute to see why someone would be shouting for 10 straight mins at one of the nicest guys there. No matter, they still had fun and put it behind them.....the guy left directly after his temper tantrum. Yelling about his daughters safety in the boat in the end... Confused

I too had fun, and the weather held off right until we were leaving the last check point. The organizers did a pretty good job and the number/chip system was a nice change from cards....and the live band was a nice treat. There's a few people that had some complaints, but its a lot of work and you can't please everyone. I'm just glad the wife decided to leave our boy with his Gramma. It was a good day on the water and all involved worked hard to put on a decent show.
Chrisco

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:19 am    Post subject: RALLY Reply with quote

Ya I saw the guy flipping out( I see his point) but its going to happen. Ill just park my shit away from other boats. At least I wasent the only one. I just thought there would be more respect with the price of these boats.
murr190

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you see his point? screaming that his boat is 60 grand.... he wasent the only 60 k boat in the line up and plus his "buddy" had just ran into the side of him and is wasen't a big deal... regardless 40+ boats.... I'd say 25% if not more piloted via beer drinkin red necks... parking spot big enough for 25 boats... 4 in the afternoon... been on the river since 10am... somthings gonna get scratched or bent.... the old mans sayin... wanna leave it in showroom condition.... leave it in the showroom.
don wright

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The GP ralley was full of smiles, sneaky fruit punch, topless babes, fast boats , food......fairly boring in comparrison. im following you guys next time
GRWAdventures

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:08 am    Post subject: Scratches, dings, dents, & hissy fits Reply with quote

This year ther will be a number of options available to avoid getting scratches, dings, dents and throwing hissy fits.
#1 Try parking a safe distance from other boats. (you may actually have to walk a short distance through the bush)
#2 Buy some buoys.
#3 Park by the guys that know how to tie up there boats
#4 Go to the lake and drive around in circles
#5 And the best way to avoid ever getting a blemish on your way to shiny "river boat" is to leave it on your trailer.

Just Saying.
DZ

DIGGINSWEATINSWEARIN

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Scratches, dings, dents, & hissy fits Reply with quote

GRWAdventures wrote:
This year ther will be a number of options available to avoid getting scratches, dings, dents and throwing hissy fits.
#1 Try parking a safe distance from other boats. (you may actually have to walk a short distance through the bush)
#2 Buy some buoys.
#5 And the best way to avoid ever getting a blemish on your way to shiny "river boat" is to leave it on your trailer.

Just Saying.
DZ

Love it, words to live by.
Smoke Show

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

don wright wrote:
The GP ralley was full of smiles, sneaky fruit punch, topless babes, fast boats , food......fairly boring in comparrison. im following you guys next time

did you say topless babes.... when and where is this?

madtacc

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think GRW Adventures did a great job on the rally and we had a great time , we drove up from Medicine Hat and we will return next year. The Rodeo was a blast as well. I have been to many poker rally's and this crap always happens.
boosted

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There seems to be more and more issues with boats getting rubbed the wrong way these days. I think it is a combination of way more boats on the river, many of the new boaters are not really that good at handling a jet boat in changing currents, Many don't understand that waking a boat on the river is just as bad as waking a boat on the lake(thats why they have no wakes zones), many don't understand that the wake travels down stream with the current, And lastly the I don't give a fuck attitude is live well and kicking for many of these guys. Actually it is all about respect and guys that conituously do victory rolls or have to drive by just off of step in front of boats parked on the beach have none and don't get any from me.
Having said that anyone can make a mistake and I have had guys come over and say they were sorry for waking our boats. For me no harm no foul. I have done it before without thinking for sure.

Lets go back I think we missed one rock!
GRWAdventures

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whats this bullshit Chrisco that you posted on the snow and mud forum?
"Nope.....not going, Darcy the guy that sets it up from Grand Rapids has a bad attitude when it comes to nice looking river boats. He thinks that if its not all banged up piece of **** like his boat it's not a real river boat. There is no respect when parking and think it's ok to rub up along side a newer nice looking boat. Keep it in the lake he says lol. Well I've got 68 hours on my new boat now and the sides and top look like new........not sure how the bottom looks tho. But those are the words of the event organizer. Bed ****ter mentality."
This is what I actually said!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:08 am Post subject: Scratches, dings, dents, & hissy fits

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#2 Buy some buoys.

Just Saying.
DZ
Glad you are not coming this year because you will not be welcomed. Ass hole!

Little Dipper

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got to say that is a classy response to his comment. I had another friend pull up his boat in a nice spot at another poker rally and some drunk a-- hat decided there was enough room to fit his boat beside him and left his brand new shiny boat with a ding and scratches on it. When confronted the said a-- hat started throwing rocks at buddies boat. I have a great time on these said rallies but when I spend some big money on a nice custom boat i'd like to be the one to put my own scratches on it. (if you know what I mean) just my opinion though.
Chrisco

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hay Darcy why don't you copy and past your response from the mean chicken thread for everyone to see ?????
GRWAdventures

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure what you are talking about as far as a Mean Chicken thread?. I didn't want to start a pissing match with you. I just took offence to you calling my boat a piece of shit and saying I had a bed wetter mentality and giving our rally a bad name. If you go to an Oilers game and park your truck in the parking lot and someone hits you with there car door do you post ignorant things about the Oilers franchise? It wasn't me that hit your boat and I don't have any control on what other people do on the day of the rally. Sorry you got a ding in your boat but maybe the river scene isn't for you if you are that worried about your paint.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: