OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help please! Can't get on step!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PG gone fishin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:36 pm    Post subject: Help please! Can't get on step!! Reply with quote

I have a 200 SJ, in an 18' ali craft. Just had the impeller and sleeve done, a couple trips after I started having issues getting on step and it's only touched bottom a couple of times since they were done. I pulled it apart and the clearances are all good. Went out for another trip and now can't get it out of the water at all. Any ideas??
blen

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:31 pm    Post subject: step Reply with quote

Check that the reverse gate is clear of the nozzle and if good go over your pump to haul seal with a fine tooth comb any leaks on the seal and it will cavitate like crazy.
shallowman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:10 pm    Post subject: on step Reply with quote

yes the reverse bucket very well could be infront of the nozzle when in forward , and also check the Brass plug on the housing if it came out because it was not tight , that will also cause alot of problem , it about a 1" plug with a big allen key for tightening ,
more then likely the bucket
RPM

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd look at your plate at the back of your easy clean , the one that the rods up to the handle attach . if it gets a gap between it and the bottom of the jet it will suck air into the intake as the water falls away from the back of the boat just as it's getting on plane . get it as flat as you can then run a bead of silicone across the bottom of the jet right behind the grill with the plate dropped down . usually does the trick .
jimigermanson

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd have a good look at your impeller and make sure there isn't a piece of wood stuck on one of the blades. I've had it happen a. Few times now. Doesn't take much to make it inoperable.
PG gone fishin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the tips guys. I've already removed the impeller and checked it, also took the reverse bucket off and tried it with no change. I'll check the pump seal and plate on easy clean next. I'll post what I find.....

Thanks again!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: