OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need some help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scottp

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 3:07 am    Post subject: Need some help Reply with quote

A buddy's boat nahhanni 350 died on him. Would run for a few seconds then die. He changed fuel filter fresh gas fuel pump no luck. I went and tried to help today, I hooked fuel pump up to power still died, called Kem they were very help full in trying to figure it out, had me jump out both relays, checked for power on j2 plug pin 1 19 power was good, jumped wires to ing module to by pass tach wire cuz that could cause it to shut down, all fuses still have power even when it dies, unplugged coolant temp sensor, checked shift interrupt wire no continuity to ground, fuel pressure at shrader can't spell on fuel rail, even checked with timing light and has spark, just won't run more then. few seconds and die anyone have some ideas? Next one to try sounds like either ecm or ing
shallowman

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 12:21 pm    Post subject: problem Reply with quote

so its a fullie so get someone with a scanner and it will tell u , sounds like the
ecm module to me ,
rgrant

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If that unit fires and cant get to idle speed and you have fuel press and ignition and compression in 8 holes and still not run I would be checking that the throttle plate is opening if it is electronic stepper motor controlled throttle and if it doesn't open it will never run computer is probably fine unless you been welding on the boat with the battery connected also spark is good but doesn't make it run unless it is firing before top dead center not after engines don't run when they fire on the exhaust stroke good luck.
scottp

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the idea to check the plate I will check tomorrow that's when buddy who owns the boat will be back in town
scottp

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After grabbed a fuel gauge and threw it on figured 1psi not enough for a 350 he changed high pressure pump and it runs now. He going to take out for a rip on days off and give it a torure test
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: