OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

AT 203 VS EXTREME 3 STAGE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Regular Joe

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:11 pm    Post subject: AT 203 VS EXTREME 3 STAGE Reply with quote

Hi All,

For a simpleton like myself who can't afford the Hamilton 212 and we are only talking about a 20 ft. boat. Also other pumps like the AT 312 and or the 309 would definitely be an option also.

Boating the local lakes and the Fraser and Harrison River during salmon runs / sturgeon. No more that 4 big guys in the boat.

Form you expert, since I have been a prop guy Embarassed for all of my life which one would be your choice between the options listed?

PS I can't afford the Scott either. Rolling Eyes

Thanks

Marc
ALEX

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The American Turbine SD309 works best in a 12 to 18 degree v bottom boat;best for lighter and higher speed boats;Stainless impeller and Hi thrust reverse are options.

The KODIAK 3 stage is an exact copy of the old Hamilton 3 stage;works well in 4-8 degree boats;stainless impellers and hi thrust reverse std;excellent in whitewater,best pump for eating sticks and debris (even better than a 212) and for pulling power at lower speed.
On-Track

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another option you can look at is a 2 or 3 stage Flo Pro sold and distributed by Exact Welding in Prince George. Flo Pro comes std with SS stator vains, HD duplex SS impellers, oil bath bearing, insertable posi-nozzle and a SDR reverse bucket. Depending what power plant your going to install and don't want excessive pump stick out pass the transom. You may want to look at a 2 stage with a three blade 19* pro lead impeller a trailing 27* 4 blade with a 92mm nozzle insert will handle 350 to 360hp. The 3 stage will handle up to 500hp with the right impeller combination and nozzle insert.
Regular Joe

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank-you gents.

Is the reason you're mentioning the two stage is due to no clean out in both pumps and a stick passing by the transom would be a pain to remove in a three stage?

Is the clean out feature used much on the Xtreme or Kodiak pump?

Did Proflo pump thought the clean out not to be necessary?

Would a stump clean out grate stop the problem sticks getting inside the impeller chamber?

I do like the improvements on the Proflo pumps compared to the Kodiak and Xtreme.

Please keep the information coming, I need to be informed.

Sorry for all the dumb questions.

Thanks

Marc
On-Track

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No the cleanout on the 2 stage or 3 stage pumps are located inside the boat. A 2 stage has one less stator and impeller making the pump shorter the a 3 stage. Normally you don't require a clean out the multi-stage pumps pass debri fairly well unless you pick up a rope it will not go through the pump. With Flo Pro having no clean out cavity gives better water flow through the intake. I would say that's why they eliminated the clean out in their pumps Yes a stomp grate dose help clean out debri or small stones caught up in the intake grill causing cavitation.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: