OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bow river boating

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Channonmanuel

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:06 pm    Post subject: Bow river boating Reply with quote

Hi I'm planning on camping near deadman flats on the bow river this year. Does anyone know where I could launch my boat around there and how far I could go? Is the park clearly marked? Are you allowd as far as Canmore? Just looking for some info on if I can even take my boat. Thanks
Toddco

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 2:15 pm    Post subject: bow river Reply with quote

check the mean chicken under alberta
lindsaymisan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can launch at Seebe Dam, North side of the bridge there's a road off to the east, just a small dirt trail. Later on in the season the level is too low to launch from there, so you have to go to Exshaw. Turn south on Mt. Laurie road and there's a boat launch at the end.

You can boat though Canmore and all the way to the park boundary, but it isn't well marked. There's a small sign on the north bank where the railroad runs beside that says park boundary. I would recommend that you pay attention and don't go past it. Last year we had the park rangers pull us over with a helicopter. They said they had phone call complaint that we were boating around the park. So they chased us down with a helicopter to give us tickets. Luckily we had a goPro cam with us that we were able to use to prove our innocence.

boosted

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you were guilty until proven innocent? Twisted Evil

Lets go back I think we missed one rock!
lindsaymisan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if we didn't have the GoPro, then we would have just got warnings I think. But since they could confiscate the camera, they said they would use it as evidence to prove we were in the park boundary.
Xerophobic

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI This boundary IS very well marked, and was as of at least last Oct
lindsaymisan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How is it well mark? I've never seen any Park signs, only one small sign on the railroad track by CP rail. Unless the Park has put up signs since last summer.
Xerophobic

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Id have to dig out my GOPRO footage from the fall but from previous trips I also remember the sign you mentioned across the rail tracks indicating the park boundary however in Oct there was definitely a 'no powerboats beyond' red circle with the prop crossed out sign at the same location now, only right beside the river. Frankly I was surprised to see it but its there, or at least was
lindsaymisan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, a new sign. Ya, I haven't been back there since last August. Was thinking of heading up there this weekend for a ride. But the river is super low right now. Might not get through Deadman Flats.
sketchit

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:32 pm    Post subject: Log Jams Reply with quote

Be very Careful of the river wide log Jam downstream of the Highway 1 bridge. Haven't been there since the floods but the only way around was to go river left in a small channel and follow it around to get below the Jam. This is a killer jam so don't get sucked into it.

There is another Jam downstream of Exshaw as well where the River splits into 3 channels, the only channel open is to river right, follow the main flow channel it runs right up against the Trans Canada Highway near the rock cut across from Exshaw.

Good launch at Seebee dam on North side went by yesterday and its an easy spot to get in.

Xerophobic

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI the sign from last year has either been removed, stolen or washed away, its back to the only indication being the "entering Banff nat park" sign across the railroad tracks, weird
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: