OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What size of boat for twins?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tommycraft

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:08 pm    Post subject: What size of boat for twins? Reply with quote

Woundering what size of boat you guys recommend. Thinking 8 deg hull twin 6.0L and Hamilton 212. Thinking 22 is too short boat sit low in the back end. What width and length works best. Will be using the boat for hunting and fishing. Thanks Tom
Arthur
Outlaw Eagle Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.outlaweagle.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=27482&sid=96c1c8ce85dac4a3d796dbe7218d8c5c
tommycraft

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a nice boat. What are the secs on it 7' bottom? More? Also looks like a 12 deg was thinking going an 8deg. How does it sit in the water at rest?
Arthur
Outlaw Eagle Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Call Dale at 403-347-4565 tomorrow and he will answer all your questions...knows more than the average guy when it comes to this stuff.
Dale

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the 22' that Arthur was talking about is a 8 deg 7' wide bottom. worked very well and didn't sit deep at the back like you would think a twin would. it would have been better at 24 or 25 feet, but I wouldn't change the bottom width to more than 84" unless you are planning on moving a lot of weight all the time. the wide boats slide around a lot more. we did build one 12 deg twin, I wouldn't suggest anything but an 8.
you are on the right track with the Ham 212, but I would suggest any motor other than the 6L. they are not a bad engine but all the other choices are better.

Dale
Clifford

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dale wrote:
the 22' that Arthur was talking about is a 8 deg 7' wide bottom. worked very well and didn't sit deep at the back like you would think a twin would. it would have been better at 24 or 25 feet, but I wouldn't change the bottom width to more than 84" unless you are planning on moving a lot of weight all the time. the wide boats slide around a lot more. we did build one 12 deg twin, I wouldn't suggest anything but an 8.
you are on the right track with the Ham 212, but I would suggest any motor other than the 6L. they are not a bad engine but all the other choices are better.

Dale

Just out of curiosity why only a 8? was there weird handling in the 12?

TIA
Dale

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the 12 drove and handled good, but needed a lot of trim tab to do it. it didn't carry the weight as good, sat deeper in the water and therefore used more fuel.

if I was to build a 12 deg again I would do a lot different

it would have worked better if the customer ran his boat light, but he carried 1500-2000 pounds of gear with him everywhere plus 200 gallons of fuel. This is no problem for the 8 deg boats
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: