OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

4.5 impeller for the 212 questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Smoke Show

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:26 pm    Post subject: 4.5 impeller for the 212 questions Reply with quote

I commented on a recent outlaw build and the comment back was you are running a 4.5 impeller in that new boat. How are you liking it? Can you still slip it out of the hole? Is there anything else done? Do you prefer the 4.5 after using it?

anyone else using one built up that much?

has anyone tried http://www.maverickwatersports.com/The_212_213.html maverick water sports "full house"?

Boomhower

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes we installed a 4.5 Kw into one of our 2015 Outlaw Muskwa's with a LSA.
It did still cavitate out of the hole on hard accelleration. This is mainly because the impeller now being "bigger" or more aggressive is still restricted by how much water it can physically pull through a 13 bar EZ clean grate...
The cruising speed was nicer and more economical.. Staying on plane at 24-2500 rpm is nice...
Cheers
summersled

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I talked to the owner at Maverick not too long ago about his pump mods for my 21' muskwa w/8.1 HO/4kw. Sounds like he has a lot of Canadian customers so I am also curious to see if anyone on here has his kit. He doesn't repitch but he does some cool stuff to the stator for gravel protection to keep efficiency, pump longevity, impeller balance, impeller shim kit, and full polish to reduce cavitation. $2K plus shipping your whole bowl and impeller to him and back. Bending the fins for a re-pitch should be less cost for sure and looks like its working in the video. It doesn't help your stator tho, after 250hrs of use, gravel and quite a few clean ups with the die grinder and my stator fins are starting to look a bit tired.
Chrisco

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What was the max rpm with the 4.5 and the lsa?
Smoke Show

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

summersled did you end up doing this in the end? I'm on the fence on whether I should get it done or not.
summersled

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No things got slow and I chickened out...I took my impeller to Howard Peterson in Dawson Creek (1-250-219-1837) he rebuilt it for me and tweaked my 4.0 to about a 4.1 to match my 8.1. Works awesome, can't spin out coming out of the hole as hard I can try, and dropped cruising RPM by about 50. Call him, he's like an impeller whisperer.
Smoke Show

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

summersled wrote:
No things got slow and I chickened out...I took my impeller to Howard Peterson in Dawson Creek (1-250-219-1837) he rebuilt it for me and tweaked my 4.0 to about a 4.1 to match my 8.1. Works awesome, can't spin out coming out of the hole as hard I can try, and dropped cruising RPM by about 50. Call him, he's like an impeller whisperer.

Thanks!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: