OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ford Rapter 440 Motor Vers 6.0 Chevy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brojax

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:58 pm    Post subject: Ford Rapter 440 Motor Vers 6.0 Chevy Reply with quote

looking to see if anyone has any feed back on the Ford Rapter 440 motor, vers the 6.0 chevy. which one would a guy pick, if you had to pick from these two motors.

So far this is what I know.

I see it weights a bit more than a 6.0, but also the Ford has more power. The Ford motor is also a couple inches longer, but about the same width. The price isn,t much different between the two. Also told the Ford has 5 year warranty, and the 6.0 has a 3 year. The Ford requires in tank fuel pumps.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
HILLDOO

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:45 pm    Post subject: Raptor Reply with quote

I have the raptor in my 20' Lynx and I love it! My boat was a pig in the water with the 5.7BFI, now it jumps out of the water and only burns 7.0 GPH. I would recommend this engine to everybody.
Buckmaster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have about 10 hours on my 440 now. Sounds good and runs strong.
A few things you will need to consider. The 6L comes with a fuel system and the 440 doesnt. You do not need to run intank fuel pumps but will need a proper system with return lines, 2 pumps, fuel pressure regulator and valves if you are running 2 tanks. Budget $1000 for your fuel system. You will also need to use digital gauges I believe. They have some really nice features but again another $1000 or more.
I think they have a new model of the 440 out that is shorter now. The older versions were really long and I needed a dog box that was 49" long.
Buckmaster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple more things. The 6L spuns my 3.4 kw impellar to 4000RPM. The 440 spins my 3.5kw impellar to just over 4100 rpm. Fuel burn seams to be the same at about 10 gal/hr. Both boats topped out at 40mph with either setup. They were a bit on the heavy side with heavy bottoms, airride seats, etc
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: