OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Saunders to the Dam

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
perpec

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:34 pm    Post subject: Saunders to the Dam Reply with quote

good afternoon
We were planning on heading up to Saunders and run up to the dam. By chance do you know how the conditions are currently? I was going to take the family up but am a little concerned about water levels as here by lloydminster they are very low and the kids are still quite small. we have also never run this stretch of river.

Thanks
Gas burner

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went up from Rocky about 45km three weeks ago(to the Ram River ).Water levels on the flow charts are the same today.Will need to be on your A game, levels are LOW and will be lower above the Ram River to the dam.
Toddco

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The river is generally navigable all the way to the trunk line road, after that it gets very "braided" and can be a bitch to navigate, not recommended in low flows.
perpec

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info I guess we will look at doing it next year or in August if levels come up but they likely won't.
perpec

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like the water came up anyone running this next week or weekend, that wouldn't mind if we tag along?
Rapid Transit

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

are you in Rocky , I live here, been there lots, pm me a phone number, I may go next week, depending on the weather,
when you were here before I believe they were doing maintainence on the dam, they normally have to let out a minimum of water every day, the levels change through the day because of the power needs, more power, more water. I was up to the dam a few weeks ago , there seemed to be normal water but lots of shallow spots because of channel changes, makes for some puckerage, but is doable if it is clean so you can see where to go, what kind of a boat setup do you have
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: