OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Harbercraft 2003 1875 XL

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
northern99

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:23 pm    Post subject: Harbercraft 2003 1875 XL Reply with quote

Anyone know anything about these. Looking to buy a 2003 1875 XL but having troubles finding out any specs. Looking for hull thickness, Pre flex hull or not? Degree of bottom.It has a 240 sport jet any thoughts? All i get is rerouted to new kingfishers, cant find much for this year of boat. Any Help would be appreciated.
opticalmike

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I own that exact boat.Love this boat!I have modded it since the day I picked it up. It has the Pre flex technology. Very light weight with a fantastic power to weight ratio. Its a 12 degree hull with a QT-100 keel strip. I have the high skew SS impeller.
and the UHMW plastic wear ring fitted at .03 clearance. It has an incredible hole shot and does 0-30mph in 3 seconds roughly. top end around 80 kph.
I installed a sportjet hydraulic trim tab.I have a HDS9 GEN2 on the dash.
Bought it at Gibbons motor toys in 04 as a demo with 40 hrs on it.I NOW HAVE 202 HOURS ON IT. Also installed the smartcraft monitor which gives super precise fuel usage. Its not as good on gas as the 200 opti but I love the 40 extra hp. How many hours on the one your looking at?
regards,
mike

Last edited by opticalmike on Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:18 pm; edited 4 times in total
northern99

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah it has 48 hours on boat, looks mint. Should be picking it up in 10 days. Most of the guys were I live are into v8s or 200 sport jets, was pretty nervous about it as you hear all the bs about how bad on fuel its gonna be etc etc. pretty stoked to get it and try it out. I just hope many drably and responsive as I have heard they are. Did you put Teflon on yours or toughen up bottom as I have also been told that they aren't very tough, as you can tell I have stopped listening and gone with what I want. Thanks for the info
opticalmike

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I would recommend is that you use premium fuel. Regular gas has ethanol...it really separates out unless you use it within a week or two. Mine had fuel issues with regular and stranded me on more than one occasion.
Wouldn't hurt to use a fuel additive like Star Tron Enzyme Fuel Treatment if regular is all you can get. I use shell gold in all my 2 strokes now.
mike
opticalmike

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have scraped over many gravel bars at speed and really haven't damaged the bottom of my boat. The UHMW plastic bottom is overkill unless you plan on scraping bottom all the time.
northern99

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info!! Can't wait to get her and go boating!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: