OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

seat and sealer question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cwk266

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:08 pm    Post subject: seat and sealer question Reply with quote

Hi 2 questions first looking to add a bit of padding to a x17 sport steptec bucket seats anyone know of a bucket seat that would bolt onto the oem mounts or know of seat covers that have a bit more padding to them?What is a good silicone or sealer to use on areas that might be leaking,I have a small leak which I have not located yet any suggestions on where to look to pinpoint leak and what to use.Thanks
Boomhower

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can fit a lot of different seats to your seat mounts... The RCI Tub bucket is the cheapest route. Then there is some folding seats avaiable at DIX or Mopac for around $500 a pair. Then there is a higher end seat like a Corbeau or race tech... They all mound with 4 bolts, some will require a flat piece of aluminum as a transition plate.. but with some drilling and measuring its easily done...

As for the leak in your hull, you should always try to get it welded... If you cant source out a aluminum welder the always use a Urethane marine sealant such as SikaFlex... Or a windshield urethane.

Cheers
cwk266

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info.I lifted the floor and the bolts holding the qt100 on looked really rusty.The first bolt I put a wrench to was turning in the hole.Going to replace all the hardware and I am sure the leak will be cured.Got to love a troubleshooting job that jumps out and bites you
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: