OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Looking to buy my first jet boat

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BluesBrother

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:23 pm    Post subject: Looking to buy my first jet boat Reply with quote

hello there everyone

New to the forum and new to Jet boating, only been in one boat for a day on the lake and I'm hooked, gotta get my own this year and I tired of fishing off shore. Still doing my homework on boats and whats out there, I'm leaning towards the custom boats as they seem to be a better fit for what I plan to do.

Had a few questions some might be able to shed some information on for me to make the decsion a bit easier, will be making a trip to reddeer this spring to chat with the folks at the local builders to see what they got and get additional info.
Been looking at the outlaw lynx 20 a bit more everyday as the boat of choice, i am wondering about the different engines to go with the hamilton 212 pump or does a guy go with the twin sportjets, ive read the sportjets are noisier then the v8 are. The boat i rode in was on a lake and we were fishing so the motor didnt run for long periods of time so wasnt to bad to listen to, it had a sportjet in it.
most of the time it would be me and maybe one or two people in the boat with fishing gear.
Also wondering about the qt100 plate for beaching with partial uhmw or does a guy go full uhmw, hows the bit of extra weight and drag affect boat performance and fuel economy if at all.
Whats the usual time frame when one orders the boat as a average regardless of the manufacturer, im sure they are all different depending on shop size and staff, etc.

adam

ram

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your definitely leaning towards the right boat, Talk to Tyler at Outlaw, he is a wealth of information and will not steer you wrong, my two cents are go with a 5.3 or 5.7 liter and a Hamilton pump and in the Lynx 18-20 foot and you will be very happy, Also go with the UHMV! Hope that helps and best of luck, also if your wanting to boat this year I would get it ordered now and take advantage of some of there winter specials. The guys at Outlaw are top notch to deal with.
dixopr

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why are you wanting a jet boat if you've only been in one on the lake? Where are you planning on running? How many people, fuel (or miles), gear, days, etc are you wanting to go out for? Will you run lakes mostly or rivers? These are all good things to consider.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: