OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

175 SJ in E5 is it enough?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bender

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

watch out just drifting down the river things can happen really fast sometimes the current will suck you into the bank and under trees oh it can be a mess lol I know i have done it a few times now ......and also if you are drifting you can drift backwards into rocks that you would normally drive over no prob can catch your jet pump bend trim tabs all sorts of stuff
Gator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One word of caution for you, have something to clean your intake with and some tools. I sucked up a rubber bungee cord in my obj and it ruined my day fishing. The boat was running great when I went to the docks and then when I came out I couldn't do anything. My engine had the RPM's but no thrust and it was out of balance bad. When I got home that night I pulled the shoe and found a 12" solid rubber bungee cord with the hooks wound around my impeller. I have also sucked wood chips while running that shut of my jet. Lilly pads are great for shutting down a jet. It is a fun learning experience and I am sure if people started putting in there experiences you could write a book on it.

Gator
JR

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is my grill cleaner.. We run a lot of Shingle rivers her in New Zealand and from time to time you need to park up and clear the grill of stones.. One end of the rake is for parting the grill bars so the stones will fall out and the other end has a rake for pulling weed/grass/anything from you grill.. Cheers JR

Dsc00299.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  132.53 KB
 Viewed:  836 Time(s)

Dsc00299.jpg

Xerophobic

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark needs to post a shot of his weed rake, its about the slickest one Ive seen yet. All alloy too
Cheers

sirmike68

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is normal for water to accumulate in the boat? After my second trip on the river I turned the bilge pump on and got about a gallon of water out. A couple hours later I probably pumped another gallon. The hull does not have a dent or scratch on it so I'm assuming it either seeps in thru the plug or the pump must have a leaky seal or something. Also can a guy use the cheaper "Canadian Tire" injector oil for this motor?
leadvilleone

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made this one last fall when it was getting too cold to take a swim under the boat to pull the weeds out. Not too many rocks here (mainly sand) but I dig the pry feature on yours JR, I will have to incorporate that.

As for the water in the boat...I have an auto bilge and it runs every 10 minutes or so (only for a second) when parked. The key is to have a tig handy and weld up any cracks you put in the hull before the next time you go out. (I do beat the piss out of my boat though)

BTW, when are we going to start the SJ supercross??

DSC06185.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  60.87 KB
 Viewed:  875 Time(s)

DSC06185.JPG

AR

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Is it normal for water to accumulate in the boat?

It seems like it !
When I first put mine together it didn't leak a drop sitting in the water all after noon. Now that I'm lazy, I have a Duckbill drain on each side of the pump and I think those leak a little and maybe one of the rear tank mount bolts.
Bottom line, I also have an auto float with a manual override and two Bilge pumps and just don't worry about leaks anymore. I leave the auto switch on all the time and hit the manual for a minute or so every time I take off after sitting awhile, if I remember. Rolling Eyes

The rake's cool, looks like I need a bigger boat to haul all the stuff I might need. Lets see, Beer, snacks, Beer, paddle, Beer, rake, etc. Laughing

_____
bender

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well I might get the leaking check out the only time i have seen our bilge come on is when we wash it or after a big rain that it sat thru with the top off
Gator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I pull the plug on mine after a days fishing I have yet to have any water out of mine. I would do some checking for leaks. Could be something as simple as a hose clamp or something serious like a leaking head gasket.

GATOR
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: