OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Day 8 - The Wild Finish
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Razor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will post my pictures as soon as I can get them sorted out.

Derrick

Keep'r Wet

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

??????? Shocked

"Right now I won't be coming back here to race, because the officials here are the worst I have ever come across."
Mark Cromie

DOC

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When was that said ?
Xerophobic

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.ashburtonguardian.co.nz/index.asp?articleid=9782

and

http://www.northernadvocate.co.nz/localsport/storydisplay.cfm?storyid=3741129&thesection=localsport&thesubsection=&thesecondsubsection=

the 2nd article seems a little misinformed about general facts. Unless my excel file is incorrect Cromie has won 2 World titles in '83 and '96. 83 was not a UIM sanctioned event

Cheers

Clark

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no idea what was said, but I do know the press here in NZ are notorious for not letting the facts get in the way of a good story.

Happy boating!

Rapidchaser

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 5:51 pm    Post subject: press Reply with quote

Misinformed seems to sum it up here.
While Mark Cromie may have been a little upset with some of the officiating he may well have had his reasons.

It was said that they were going to levy a fifteen minute penalty for speeding into the pit area, why didn't they?

First of all Mark DID NOT speed into the pit area, many
witnesses were there including yours truly.
You can see the Race Track from the starters box but you can't
see the ramp area.

Millions of dollars were spent to bring this "CLASS ACT" to Canada and the worlds and we need to bring them back.

May I suggest we take what was said through the media
including this one, with a grain of salt?

We need to bring them back, certainly not at the expense of our officials
but we need them back this includes our American friends, Mexican friends and our friends from Australia and around the world.
From a very enthusiastic Fan!
Cheers and good on Ya's
Emery
PS: No Alcohol was spilled during the typing of this post and although
it is opinionated it is mine!

Arthur
Outlaw Eagle Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well said RC.And you had the best seat in the house.I meet Cromie on Thurs night and the guy is TOP NOTCH.If what was printed is what he said, than I'm sure it was out of frustration.I can not imagine investing that kind of money into a sport that has no huge purse only to lose by a rule that may not stick.He raced hard and did exactly what he had to do to win.IMO there need's to be a world wide standard on all rule's,class' and regulation's.This is the only way this sport will grow.Same from country to country.As much as I'm excited to keep the #1 spot in Canada, I can't help but feel for Mark.He take's this sport very serious and worked very hard to keep the top spot.I just can't imagine 2011 without him so please somebody....insure he come's back.He is one of the godfathers of Jetboat racing and is a joy to watch and talk too.
Rapidchaser

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:15 pm    Post subject: Rules Reply with quote

Actually the rules were very clear and posted by some very
intelligent, important, people, and Mark and all the other drivers-being the gentlemen and sportsmen they are understood them.

Yes frustration played a big part but it was racing at its best

I guess my whole point would be that I think it unnecessary to post
quotes from some of the media that got second hand information in the first place.

I read a post in which it was brought to the attention of some, that there were numerous security infractions. I talked to some of the officials including the UIM. and nobody brought this to my attention.

I have a little thingy that I attached to my ankle which told me I walked twenty two k/m a day every day for the entire race even when it moved to GP and PR.
I did my best to protect the integrity of the situation at WC, there were a few infractions that I was able to handle diplomatically (save for two) and I handled them very well for the short ass little runt I am, and I hope I didn't miss-spell that.

I was well thanked by all for my efforts and got a lot of help from some good people. No, all of the good people!
Geez! talk about frustration lol, I need another drink!
Cheers,
Emery

mof

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I seem to remember some awkward and unfortunate statements were posted following the Worlds in New Zealand a couple of years ago, where again the rule book rather than the stop watch determined the result.

When a ruling determines an outcome, it will always create emotion, and that emotion often spills out into forums and second hand press reports.

Race officials are hard to find, and when racing situations arise that cause rulings to be made, someone is always affected negatively and positively. I do not envy the role of race official, and thank them for their thankless role in the racing we love.
Dano

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I said it before (couple years ago) and I'll say it again. Through the wonderful technology of the internet, the officials from each country should get together and hammer out a set of rules that must be applied while racing in each country. Rules wrote in stone. Make it so there could not be any interpretation from a race official. Same rules apply no matter what country your racing in. Some have said in the past it would not be possible to do. I say it can be done if people truly wanted it done.
Itsworthit

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being the Race Committee chairman/president, is probably the most thankless job there is around during the race, somebody has to do it or we wouldn't be doing the thing we all love, Brian did a fantastic job, and as very well expected with a event of this magnitude, some things just don't run as smoothly as everyone would like, but given the task at hand he, (in my opinion) did a great job, well done Brian,
Itsworthit

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dano,
In this sport as well as all others, one cannot have a rule for everything that possibly will happen, the rule book would be huge and no one can anticipate every possible scenario that will take place during the course of an event such as the Worlds, so, there should be a common sense clause/rule somewhere in the book, (maybe there is) where common sense shall prevail where black and white rules do not apply, but I agree, the four main competing nations should be governed by the same set of rules,
Rapidchaser

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:46 am    Post subject: Rules Reply with quote

Amen! to that.
Also I second the excellent job by Mr. McGregor and his family.

allblowdup

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to second that. Hats off to Brian for a wonderful job. This sport would not be the same without him!
Hines

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK 2007 worlds was great race well done everybody. Cromie is definetly a good guy like all the racers . If this problem would have happened downstream or in the back channels we dont need a rule book. Yes use a standard set of rules four all countries & competiters if they dont like then dont race flipping simple. Their will always be conflict with rules & regulations that will never change its a fact of life. So thats all thanks & get out their & burn some of that C14 / Have a great weekend all. Latter
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: