OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help needed.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
slowpoke

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gabe,

I think the engine is right around 400-415 hp. It is turning an A impellar at 4900rpm. The engine is not quite legal for FX but would only need a couple parts changed. The heads are Vortech so they're Okay except they have roller rockers. Manifold is an Air-Gap so it would need changed. Compression is Okay. The cam in a Comp Cam Extreme 268 (not sure if that is legal). Know anyone looking for an FX boat?

I think we are going to go for a short run from Corvallis to Harrisburg today.

Later,
Adam
slowpoke

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul,

One note on the Vortech heads Cavefish is describing: I have those heads and after shopping some for used or rebuild heads, then getting the proper machine work done, I found the $$$ difference so low I just ordered a set from Summit (Part #ZZ5) and they showed up perfect with all the machine work done and a good grind on the valves. I just bolted them on and smiled, no screwing around, no extra machine work, nothing! They cost slightly more but they are brand new and your not taking a spendy risk buying something off Ebay.
JamesS

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To elaborate a little further on Cavefish's post;
Vortec heads come on 1996-present GM trucks.
L98 (RPO Code for 350 T.P.I. engine) heads come on 1985-1991 Chevrolet Corvettes, as well as 1987-1992 Chevrolet Camaro Z28s, Z28 IROCs, Pontiac Firebird Trans Ams, Trans Am GTAs and Formulas.
G-force

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

slowpoke wrote:
Gabe,

I think the engine is right around 400-415 hp. It is turning an A impellar at 4900rpm. The engine is not quite legal for FX but would only need a couple parts changed. The heads are Vortech so they're Okay except they have roller rockers. Manifold is an Air-Gap so it would need changed. Compression is Okay. The cam in a Comp Cam Extreme 268 (not sure if that is legal). Know anyone looking for an FX boat?

I think we are going to go for a short run from Corvallis to Harrisburg today.

Later,
Adam

i need to do some more tuning as i think i should get 400 hp with my setup. so far i can only get indicated 4600 with an A.

HEY PAUL! do you have a hull yet? mine might be up for grabs and it already has a new engine>! of course you would be A class and last but racin none the less! also i may be able to fab a roll cage soon and may even be able to get a good deal on the chromoly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: