OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FX Racers and fans opinion poll?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aquaholic 146

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:54 pm    Post subject: Really? Reply with quote

Doc dont start telling half truths or you'll get us all started with the lies. I know that package goes past 500 pretty early in the rpm's
allblowdup

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats funny Doc. Corrected hp is the only way to have comparisons that are kinda accurate. So whats the altitude at wc 4000 ft so the barometric pressure would be around 27.1 on a real bad day so your 513 hp would be actually 615 corrected. Now that sounds about right. Just having a little fun with ya Doc. The boat ran and sounded great and you have the trophy to prove it. Laughing
DOC

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay corrected to sea level is how you compare different motors, other than that the numbers are useless because your not even close to sea level. So the day that engine was dynoed the weather was at a density altitude of 3360 feet, so that number 513.7 at 6000 rpm is what the motor actually made, which corrected to sea level for comparison only is 575.3. OH i put a 1050 dominater on it and gained 30 hp at 7300 rpm. That motor has at least 10 barrels of fuel through it at 6000 rpm, was 20 feet under water and when we dynoed it for the dominater, it had lost 3 hp from brand new. That should tell you something about AMS motors.
Cavefish

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I have this right: all six the boats that entered SBFX in the Worlds this year finished every single leg. They ALL ran 500 miles or so just as hard as they would go and were all still running at the end. All were running or capable of running in the eighties. It's a great class and combination.

The attractions of the class are that the motors are limited in cost, spending past a certain point is useless, they are easily policed and the emphasis goes back to hull tuning and driving. Obvious as hell, I know, but I think that BBFX needs to be the same way, some how, for it to be successful.

The biggest problem with the rules we run in SBFX in the states is about perception. The Vortec head motors themselves are powerful and reliable but to the guy who is just starting out they look like exotic s%!t they can't afford to compete against. A "bolt it in and peg it" motor changes that perception. I intend to campaign for a pure crate rule for SBFX in the states for here on out and I don't think there will be any problem getting that changed.

BBFX has the potential to be another great class like SBFX. Make the BBFX motors easy to get and easy to run and it'll be a winner. I encourage you guys to keep after it, you are in the best situation to make it work. I wonder how many A and B teams would switch to BBFX, I think it would be substantial if it was a cheap, reliable motor combo. They ought to be in the low 100s with some more development- picture a BBFX motor in one of the SBFX tunnels...

Cavefish

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh hey, Doc I don't know you and you don't know me so please don't take this wrong but aren't you supposed to give only the max HP your motor can make? I mean, I only tell people the fastest speed my boat EVER ran with 5 gallons of fuel on that secret spot on the river... Laughing
I think I do understand you are keeping the rpms down to just the HP you need and taking it easy on the motor.

Gotta say I would sure like to see your boat run...

Arthur
Outlaw Eagle Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fan's opinion....and(Future SBFX one day)

All I would like to add is you guy's need to adapt some rules and regulations like many of our other fine motorsports that are out there.

My biggest complaint would be prize money, but I'll leave that alone for now. What ever happened to that TV crew that was going to put the race on the tube a couple years back? Did anyone see it? How about going for larger sponsorship, like MONSTER or Red Bull? Someone has to get there foot in the door and show people how BADASS this sport really is. It has potential to grow but need's the right marketing. That "LUCAS oil on the edge" that's on SPEED channel goes around to all sort's of event's and alot of bullshit end's up getting aired on speed.(lawnmower racing,figure eight/trailer racing,4X rock climbing....) Jet boat racing would be 10X the show.

As for the never ending engine debate, doesn't NASCAR have a mandatory tear down rule for the top three cars? This would eliminate cheaters and if they did cheat, they'd be scared to podium. Plus, someone who cheated would be suspended for a peiord of time and I'm sure their name would be mud around the pits? Just my 2cent's.
sandman

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A2,
I tried to get in touch with Red bull, no replies out of a considerable effort to get them to look into the world championships. I think a concerted effort has to be made, better than I did anyway, which should include some video footage that would catch their attention. It would be nice if we could get someone to be the dedicated word spreadin' guy or girl that really has a passion for the sport, but can do so without swearing or making fun of some corporate TV clowns! So now that I have eliminated myself, that person should be provided with a budget that would allow them to produce a good demonstration packet. Then, if this was shown in person to OLN or Speed chanel representatives, having a little cash to get the pro's out to film the events may be just what we need. OLN wanted a payment of XXX dollars to show up and cover the event. Can't see lawnmower racing having a big budget, but they somehow lobbied themselves into a spot, that suggests that there may be some room for a legitimate sport! Flame on lawnmower boy!! My .02 anyway.

RPM

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandman , good on you for your efforts and getting somebody to grab the ball and run it , but motorheads just might be a minority in the big picture that the corporate pencil necks look at . probably more in wrestling , soap opera's , reality shows and all the rest of the crap on the tube !
RPM

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

h. . . sheit Doc did somebody slip some truth drugs in your rum Confused so before they wear off , where you flat foot against the impeller @ 6000 in Whitecourt ??? 95 up 100 down ??? .......... nice
DOC

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

101 down just before bridge. 102 in peace river, following in someones wake. Hit a 100 last day in whitecourt going down to blue ridge. Now i wish i wouldve cut that impellor to run 6500 to see how fast it would go.
RPM

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

right on , sounds like you might have had some more there yet . any plans on getting back into racing ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: