OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Advice on gettin into racin

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HOOLIGAN

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:07 pm    Post subject: Advice on gettin into racin Reply with quote

Feel free to high jack away ...lol

Some good advice on Arthurs thread..All te advice I can get is great. I think some more seat time is definitley in order! We'll see how I feel for next year. I also need to get some safety gear...that will fit my fat carcass..lol .. and find someone who is willing to hop in the right seat and be able to give me some pointers.. The boats in GP right now and then I'm headin to FSJ to work and will have it with me at a buds house. So anyone in the area feel free to gimme a shout and I'd love to head out after work for some seat time in this thing.

Jeff 403 505 0747

allblowdup

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What boat and what do have so far for gear? Seat time is everything and depending on how much power you have maintenance is really important.
HOOLIGAN

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

allblowdup wrote:
What boat and what do have so far for gear? Seat time is everything and depending on how much power you have maintenance is really important.

Well, right now I have a new pair of runners and a mastercard Laughing I still need some helmets and proper life jackets. It's a 21 tunnel with a 468.

Couple cheapo life jackets and that's about it. I had a really cool pair of sunglasses..now part of the aquatic system in the North Sask.

I havent put a whole lotta hours on it but had a rocker issue first time out. Set the valve clearances when I got parts and pretty much just changed oil, checked the plugs, the Oberg oil filter for debris and checked the valve clearance after each run. So far havent had to mess with much, but I also havent had it at the boards for a long duration of time either. Paul ( the previous owner) was saying that he had a rocker issue typically at the start of his season and ended up throwing in a push rod, changing the oil and gettin on with it. In all honesty I've only likely had this thing at 6000 RPM for maybe 2-3 minutes per run and then down between 5000 - 5500. I have mainly been just getting used to it and taking it fairly easy.

allblowdup

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well you got a few weeks before Whitecourt Laughing . I would find a place that you can run straight and don't have to worry about rocks or other boaters and begin to get the speed up. Then change the setup so that it is a little loose and go for another ride. It is good to know what loose is like before it happens without warning. Then map out a small circuit for your self and take some corners at speed. Once you have done that it is all over but the crying I mean drinking, I mean paying, I mean laughing, I mean fixing. Laughing

You can do that or do what Doc says and get the safety stuff get teched and pin it.

HOOLIGAN

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

allblowdup wrote:
Well you got a few weeks before Whitecourt Laughing . I would find a place that you can run straight and don't have to worry about rocks or other boaters and begin to get the speed up. Then change the setup so that it is a little loose and go for another ride. It is good to know what loose is like before it happens without warning. Then map out a small circuit for your self and take some corners at speed. Once you have done that it is all over but the crying I mean drinking, I mean paying, I mean laughing, I mean fixing. Laughing

You can do that or do what Doc says and get the safety stuff get teched and pin it.

Lol..I have 54 weeks Laughing I need to find some tolerant and insured people to get on the river with. I just wanna get on the river and have some fun for now..this things a blast, if theres some safety gear for sale arond here even better...then I can see what this contraption will really do. Laughing

Viking502

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HOOLIGAN wrote:
allblowdup wrote:

Lol..I have 54 weeks Laughing I need to find some tolerant and insured people to get on the river with. I just wanna get on the river and have some fun for now..this things a blast, if theres some safety gear for sale arond here even better...then I can see what this contraption will really do. Laughing

SAFETY GEAR??????

I have a cooler full of cold ones. If Sh*t goes "south" we can use the cooler to float...

HOOLIGAN

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL.. Don’t take this the wrong way but, I have nothing against running around having a some beers and cruising but from what I have found so far is..this contraption doesn’t much like cruising. To get her ass out of the water far enough to not keep bottoming out on the Wapiti (upstream from Wapiti gardens) it still had to be at a half ass decent clip. There’s more than a few corners where it was shallow and there couldn’t have been more than a couple inches of water under her ass and wouldn’t have let me through going slower.. pretty much just had to point at the deeper water on the upper level aim for it, and mash it.. deciding that shit on the fly is fun. The people I met up with up river were pretty surprised to see a tunnel up that far, so I couldn’t have done that bad Very Happy I want to get used to what this sucker can do. There should be no reason why, after some more time on that river I shouldn’t be able to run it a hell of lot faster. I like the fact that shit changes fast on a river and keeps you on your toes. The reason I bought this thing was for some hair straight back running. I'll be grabbing me some gear and experience so I can get to running this thing on the upper end of common sense in all kinds of water. I'll give you a shout when I'm back around the North Sask unless your working around FSJ in the next 2 weeks.
mountainman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That upper stretch of the Wapiti is alot of fun but freaking shallow for sure. Actually the entire Wapiti is low just ask the idiots that think they can drive across it Rolling Eyes
Viking502

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll give you a shout when I'm back around the North Sask unless your working around FSJ in the next 2 weeks.[/quote]

Not going to FSJ. I will be if Fox Creek for Ohhhh... The rest of my life.
Just landed a different job. I will have my boat with me though. Some awesome boating on the Atha. B. Give me a call if you are driving through.
(780)221-9552.

As for the cooler full of beer... I know what you mean. My cooler comes back most of the time with beer still in it. Not enough time to make good decisions as it is when doin 70+ on the river. I save most of my beer for after the trip.

DOC

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HEY Viking stop at KOS shop for coffee when your in Fox.
Rapid Transit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and bring your avitar with you
HOOLIGAN

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rapid Transit wrote:
and bring your avitar with you

With my luck I'd break the damn things! Laughing

Cavefish

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe this will help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwO35ybyzNg&feature=email

Viking502

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOC wrote:
HEY Viking stop at KOS shop for coffee when your in Fox.

Working some pretty stupid hours for Celtic.
If I ever get off @ a decent time I will stop by.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: