OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Which motor, 383 or 6.0L

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
T-REX

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:32 am    Post subject: Which motor, 383 or 6.0L Reply with quote

Looking for input on which motor to put in a 19ft Muskwa with a Hamilton 212, the 383 or the 6.0L.

The 6.0L is over $2000 cheaper with a rated 10 HP less then the 383. Which gets better mileage?
Thanks.

ddwell

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same boat with a Kodiak 383 212 w/3.4t impeller and it was great on fuel, about 8 g/hr or less if you drove it nice. I also had a MP6.0l in another boat and it was much harder on fuel(12-14g/hr), but it was a 21ft boat and a little heavier with a smaller impeller 2.4t the 6.0l has less torque than the 383 so the 383 turns a larger impeller more efficiently.
That's my take on that anyhow??
There's also that new VVT6.0L (400hp)that I have heard good things about. A story I heard was about 8 g/hr or less with the 2.8 impeller, would be a good way to go if there offering that engine.

The boat I have now is a MP8.1HO (450hp)it's quite heavy but it pulls real hard and with a 4.0t impeller it is not that bad on fuel.

DD

Arthur
Outlaw Eagle Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My buddy and I both have 21' sport's. Mine has a 383/425 and his has a SC 6.0L.....all I will say is, from Devon to Drayton and back.....he burnt over DOUBLE of what I burnt. Shocked
Hines

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the rocks can i ask how much fuel did you burn.
Arthur
Outlaw Eagle Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was a bit of jerking around with the busted up sea-doo's and also some back tracking for buddy's stuck boat....but all together I put in 90 gal which included a trip into the city and back when we returned.....buddy burnt 155gals with no city trip...so not quite double I guess.....but still LOTS!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: