OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BOAT LAUNCH @ CHEVRON BRIDGE.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE RACE FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viking502

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:39 pm    Post subject: BOAT LAUNCH @ CHEVRON BRIDGE. Reply with quote

I don't know if you guys will be using the boat launch @ the Chevron bridge for the races or not. I was just their today and the launch is UGLY.
The cement pad they have down is still in place, but there is close to a two foot drop off at the end of the cement. Boat trailers will definitely be dragging on the frame to get boat in or out of the water. I don't know of any other launches in the area. So if you guys have to use this launch, it has to be fixed. Let me know if I can help. I work 5 min from there.

Alumaman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya, I was up there Saturday, its like you said. Did you put in there, saw a truck and trailer, but didn't look like the launch had been used?

The low water levels on the Athabasca our causing us to make some adjustments to the race course & start/finish lines.

Update: Launch is being fixed, so no changes to the Chevron race leg..

Also the channel by the marina at the Fort is low, so the start/finish will likely move up river to the Hw. 33 bridge.

This is all preliminary for now, but I will update the site as soon as details become confirmed.

Last edited by Alumaman on Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:10 am; edited 2 times in total
Arthur
Outlaw Eagle Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You want me to start building a dam down here in Athabasca? Smile
Viking502

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Alumaman"]Ya, I was up there Saturday, its like you said. Did you put in there, saw a truck and trailer, but didn't look like the launch had been used?

I work just down the road, about 5min from Chevron Bridge.
I have not used the launch since last year.
I also saw the truck and trailer there. He must have had some fun getting OUT of the water.
I think you can still launch boats from there the way it is, if you go to one side of the launch and stuff the trailer close to the trees, getting out of the water is a different story.
If the launch is going to be fixed, just let me know if I can help.

Itsworthit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got back from pre-running from the Fort and to Chevron, water levels are too low to have the start of the race at the Marina in the Fort, so the start line will be at the bridge, and we may have to have the drivers meeting a wee bit earlier than 9:00 am, but everyone will be advised at registration about that
The boat launch at Chevron will be fixed up before the race, so everything will be as planned for the race in that regard
The lower channel in the circuit race is about a 99% chance of being re-routed, instead of the hard right turn after the hard left turn, we probably will go straight out to the main channel,
I just went through the Upper Channel a couple hours ago and the water has come up a bit, and as of right now there is lots of water for us to run it, and forecast looks like there may me rain in the mountains before the weekend
Alumaman

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Water levels have been rising all week and the river is now back into its normal average range.
The meter station at Windfall last Saturday was reading 1.903 meters, today its reading 2.207. That a 12" rise.

I was out last night testing and ran the race channel.
LOTS OF WATER NOW.

Also many of the gravel bars and ledges have disappeared which has opened up the traditional race lines.

The Chevron bridge launch is fixed as well.

Should be a good race, weather forecast is for sunshine both Sat & Sunday.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE RACE FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: