OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Helmat Cam Worlds

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HIGH AND DRY

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 2:35 am    Post subject: Helmat Cam Worlds Reply with quote

For the up and coming worlds in Canada I will have an extra Helmet Cam for a boat, but do not have another camcorder able to play it. My question is, would any body be willing to have a helmet cam put in there boat, that has a camcorder or able to get a camcorder able to accept the signal. I would supply everything you need for the footage except the camcorder which I don't have. At the end of the worlds I will transfer the rough footage on DVD and send you a complete copy, along with the DVD that I will be making. And if you want make a DVD of just your boat. It doesn't matter to me because I will get marked in it at school anyways.

If any body has any questions or comments just PM me or post here.
WILSON

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What kind of signal, or what kind of camcorder does one need???
HIGH AND DRY

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the type of signal ( that's what i call it) is the same as a VHS player, if you are able to get picture though the camcorder when hook up to the VHS player then the camera that you have will work.
ntjetboater

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a list of camcorders that are compatible. The camera must have AV in, a Lanc(remote) port for the camcorder is very handy as well.
http://www.helmetcamera.com/Camera-Compatibility.html

One of the new camcorders that is nice and small and has av in and lanc is the sony dcr hc 96.
cheers

HIGH AND DRY

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The DCR-HC96 is the camera that I used last year, and will be using this year in another boat, it worked very well. The Lanc that Vince said is a nice thing to have, but if you camcorder doesn't have one, and you want to put the helmet cam in your boat then don't think twice about asking, I will find a way to keep that camera rolling!!!!!!!!

Like I said, a way to check if your camcorder will work it hook it up to a VCR and see if you get picture from the VCR. Don't forget if you check to go through the modes (TAPE, PLAY/EDIT, ETC).
HIGH AND DRY

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got off the phone with a friend, he says that he will let me borrow his camcorder for the worlds for the helmet cam. So that means you don't need to use your own camcorder!!!

So now would any body want to have a helmet cam in there boat for the worlds. Like I said before you will receive the entire event on DVDs from inside the boat, a DVD of the worlds done up with music and all classes, and if wanted a DVD of just there boat in the 2007 worlds in Canada. JUST REMEMBER you will now have to require nothing. I will do everything from hooking it up to putting tape in or charging the battery and of course taking it off. Unless you want to do this stuff yourself.

So if anybody would like a helmet cam for there boat in the worlds PM me or post here.
HIGH AND DRY

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that I look at my posts I am sorry if they are hard to understand, I was in a rush.

The long and short of it is. Would anybody like a helmet cam in there boat during the worlds?

Yes you will get the footage
Yes you will get a DVD of the event
And a DVD of just your boat

Again sorry if my posts were hard to read.
WILSON

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me talk with my captain. But I think we might...
FiredUp

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fired Up Racing (couple of rookies) would be glad to run the cam on board as well. We are running in the C class, don't know if you are looking for footage from them boys. BUT what the hell, just thought I would throw another option at you.
Stoker

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Shawn, I have herd that some video guys take forever to get the DVD's done! How long would it take you?
HIGH AND DRY

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stoker wrote:
Hey Shawn, I have herd that some video guys take forever to get the DVDs done! How long would it take you?

I doesn't take as long as others because I have a class at school to work on it, and I am able to work on it at home too. Also the others have to make a living and work. When I made the video for Airtime this year it too me about 2 weeks. Some days I will start working on and get in a routine with the video and will get allot done in one day. Whats take the longest is capturing (thank you Vince but you really didn't have to do that). This year might take around 4 for the worlds DVD minimum and for the DVD of a persons boat maybe 2 weeks. Depending what I have going on at the time. Maybe more because I have 3 times the tapes plus other boats.

haha now this this is going to get difficult, more then one person wanting a cam in there boat. I guess it is first come first serve. But if the people wanting it want to make a deal and trade off during the worlds that is able to be done too. Just let me know and I will set it up on other boat. This is for you guys to workout, it don't matter to me. ( IF ONLY I WAS ABLE TO GET MORE, but as of now I don't have enough money to blow on a hobby.)

Also Firedup anyone can run the cam. Having cams in other classes would be nice for the worlds DVD since Special FX is already going to be running one.

There is a around a 25% chance I might be able to get another Camcorder with helmet cam in another boat, if I can fix a helmet cam from 2 years ago. Our boat got welded on in the shop with cam still grounded to boat, (THATS WHAT YOU CALL A ROOKIE MISTAKE). The newer ones I have don't need to be grounded. I hope if was only the power cable that went.

there might be some bad vocab in there ops[/u]
HIGH AND DRY

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I mean as first come first serve is whoever I see at the Whtecourt Boat launch, TECH inspection, or show 'n' shine first.

Would people be able to PM and tell me your name and stuff or what your boat looks like so I know what to look for.

The DVDs that I make of people boats will most likely come in 5 or 10 to hand out to friends or relatives.
HIGH AND DRY

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To Wilson and Firedup. Would it be possible for you guys on the way back form the longer legs such as Peace River down stream, Canfor Bridge to Grande Prairie, to learn how to switch the tapes and put a new battery in. I don't think looking at the schedule I will be able to. It isn't very hard to do and will only have to be done those two times. I will put the stuff needed to do this in the camera bag.

The reason I am wondering is I know that there will be things to do up or down stream to get ready for the way back.

If able to do so would be very much appreciated. If not I will try to figure something out.
WILSON

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a slow learner, but I think I can handle that. Laughing

Please look for a very bright orange "A" class boat at the tech-in... I don't remember the number (It's not my boat), but will advise in some days.

FiredUp

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should be no problem switching tapes and batteries on those legs. Consider it done! Look for boat #c118 Fired-up, (burnt red and black boat) I think we are in the high 20's for pit box numbers. Look forward to seeing you for tech in day.

Jay
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: