OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Albany Race
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
slowpoke

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 2:34 pm    Post subject: Albany Race Reply with quote

So, how many of you are planning on the attending the Albany race next weekend?

The weather is great (mid 80's) and the river looks good!!!!!! There will be a lot of activity the same weekend in Albany with a car show, music by the river, etc.

I think this will have the most specators of any race in Oregon this year.

If you want to save some time scouting the river from Corvallis to Harrisburg put in at the ramp on Crystal Lake drive in Corvallis.
SouthIdahoGary

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Long range forecast-Corvallis

Thursday: Mostly cloudy. Slight chance of rain showers. Probability of measurable precipitation 20 percent. High 80.

Thursday Night: Mostly cloudy. Slight chance of rain showers. Probability of measurable precipitation 20 percent. Low 56.

Friday: Mostly cloudy. Chance of rain showers. Probability of measurable precipitation 30 percent. High 81.

30 percent in the Portland area----isn't that the same as it's going to rain?? And the trend is growing. Oh well, it seems as if rain is just part of the racing so far this year. At least it is a warmer kind of rain........

"faster, Faster, FASTER until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of DEATH"#163 "Tuff-n'-Nuff"
G-force

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SouthIdahoGary wrote:
Long range forecast-Corvallis

Thursday: Mostly cloudy. Slight chance of rain showers. Probability of measurable precipitation 20 percent. High 80.

Thursday Night: Mostly cloudy. Slight chance of rain showers. Probability of measurable precipitation 20 percent. Low 56.

Friday: Mostly cloudy. Chance of rain showers. Probability of measurable precipitation 30 percent. High 81.

30 percent in the Portland area----isn't that the same as it's going to rain?? And the trend is growing. Oh well, it seems as if rain is just part of the racing so far this year. At least it is a warmer kind of rain........

no way, actually 30 percent is mostly sunny with no chance of rain. it has to be above about 60 percent to feel a drop. doesnt make sense but thats my experience with the weather in this area. should be perfect!
Paul

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It shouldnt rain!! Well lets hope it doesnt. I know last year we had rain Saturday night.

The river above Corvallis looks like it will be fun to race. No nasty water to speak of, a few shallow spots and some tight turns/ There is one S-corner with lots of wood that could get interesting.

The event will be loads of fun for racers and spectators alike. Lots goin on that weekend. Jets, Hydros, Sprints and jet skis on the river. The Jet skis will have a launch ramp on the river this year! There is BBQing, Outdoor movies, live music, motorcycle and car shows, farmers market, beer gardens, softball tourney etc.etc.etc.........

We are also selling rides in race boats this year. $100.00 a ride!!!!

Hope to see everyone there!

slowpoke

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ran up from Corvallis to Peoria yesterday. Everything looks good. Ran from Corvallis to Albany the day before. Tried to run the one shortcut, mistake, got stuck and had to push the boat 100+ ft to deeper water.

Paul,

You gonna have your boat down at the river Friday? I was thinking of watching Sunday from that S turn you were talking about. How are they going to keep the 100 canoes and inner tubes off the river above Corvallis? I came upon about 20 yesterday, and some in the black inner tubes are hard to see. On the good side, some of the ladies were going "al natural", too bad forgot the camera.

Later,
Adam
Yellowhammer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Willie Rower,

My wife says be ready to run on Sunday. She plans on riding with me on Saturday for sure, but she is unsure about the long run Sunday. You available just in case? I am heading up that way Tuesday. Later.....

G-force

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey wheres race times and schedule?
SouthIdahoGary

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

G-
http://www.jetboatracing.com/Albany2005sched.htm

"faster, Faster, FASTER until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of DEATH"#163 "Tuff-n'-Nuff"
Cavefish

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Willie Rowers going racing! (Maybe)
Paul

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I didnt reply back to this post earlier. I was out of town all week....

Well I didnt get to race this year, Oh well I still had way too much fun! It is always great to see alll the racers, thier frinds and family.

I finally met up with G-force. It turns out my girlfriend Jennifer went to school with him. They spent a good 1/2 an hour talking and catching up. That was pretty cool.

Slow Poke, I know what you mean by a million rafters, tubers, canoers and Kaykers. We went for a rip in in 17' sport boat Satur after the races, We muist have seen 50 or so floaters from Corvallis to just above Peoria. We surprised a group when we took a small back channel around an Islad and blew past them at 60mph plus. Went by too fast to see the looks on thier faces.

When I have more time I will post all the times for the weekend. I have the timer board sitting in my living room. It took Jesse 33 minutes and 39 seconds to get from Albany to Harrisburg (43 miles upstream) he was SMOKING!!!!!!!!! Dave prost made the run in 28 minutes 32 seconds..........

G-force

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya that was a trip paul, like a blast from the past! i hope i wasnt too drunk to be polite(not likely) you caught up to us after our 9th hour of heavy beers. thanks to all the folks who put on this show, it was non stop action all day! after we got our beers on we started making rude gestures to the jet ski stunt team, which they took as a oportunity to blast our asses with willamete river goodness! they actually set me down on the beach with one shot, and my neighbor had a "wardrobe malfunction" on another! Laughing heres some action shots of the day:

SANY0987.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  71.53 KB
 Viewed:  23393 Time(s)

SANY0987.JPG

SANY0991.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  97.5 KB

SANY0991.JPG

SANY0993.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  139.08 KB

SANY0993.JPG

G-force

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

halftime

SANY1026.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  167.05 KB
 Viewed:  23371 Time(s)

SANY1026.JPG

SANY1016.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  106.04 KB

SANY1016.JPG

SANY0959.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  79.43 KB

SANY0959.JPG

G-force

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul and nick go out to challenge the big boys!

SANY0955.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  105.22 KB
 Viewed:  23370 Time(s)

SANY0955.JPG

SANY0976.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  91.11 KB

SANY0976.JPG

SANY0962.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  91.95 KB

SANY0962.JPG

G-force

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul, my 4th grade chum jennifer, and my neighbors ex husband nick and some other guy all in the same boat. mind you none of these people knew i would be here, weird huh?!

SANY1004.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  132.11 KB
 Viewed:  23369 Time(s)

SANY1004.JPG

Paul

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did try to run the bouy course in the Super Vee until Jeff Curry (leader of the Water Dawgs) crashed his ski in front of us Confused

I was helping out the sprint boats by moving the bouys when they would drift down stream. The "other guy" in the boat is my dad. He and Nick both help sponsor the races. Besides helping with money I put both of them to work in the pits and out on the water. Both of them had a blast! Nick said he would like to get a boat and start racing too! My dad is now hooked on Jet Boat racing since I got him to go to 2 races now.

When I get back from Alaska Nick and I are going to the Deschutes in his boat to go run some BIG white water and put the hurt on some Steelhead!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: