OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Day 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xerophobic

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 11:25 pm    Post subject: Day 2 Reply with quote

I figure we may as well try to stick with the day by day format.

Today started out very wet and raining pretty good. We went first in SJ and it pretty much rained the entire time. We followed another SJ the wrong way due to course confusion and only ran 3 of 4 laps so we have some time sorting out to do.

All i can tell you is what I have heard around the bars. Spencer pulled off on lap 3 after being out front and running very strong. Bad Habit broke hard and Aquaholic is also out. It was Bob G (won't try to spell the last name) who got airborn right in front of the beer gardens and semi flipped/spun. Aparently there was a fair bit of confusion about the red flag they waved and some boats stopped so more time issues to sort out. I do not believe anyone was hurt in the incident. Its all incredibly hard to keep track of when you're racing and today was worse since we pretty much went directly back to the hotel to dry off and warm up.

Tomorrow is probably one of the most testing days with the long run up the Smokey.

Still working on trying to be able to post times but having some tech issues with that.

Keep the pictures coming guys and yes Gary is doing well(not snoring "quite" yet tonight LOL) We held of the 3rd place boat today for 3 laps so hes gettin the hang of driving "simple" , carrying speed and has almost learned listening to his navigator is highly recommended lol

Havin a blast and will post more info when we have it

Cheers

Dano

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the update James. Do let us know all the details in regards to Spencer, Bob G. and the rest as you get them.
Steven Price

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the www.nzjetboating.com web site is getting daily written updates and some pictures on the marathon. Link below should get you their.

http://www.nzjetboating.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=9920.0

anyone know of any site getting all the times for each leg?

Xerophobic

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive been trying to post times but I can't attach the excel file to the forum from the computer we have been using in the hotel room. Im still working on it

Cheers

Steven Price

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

try saving it as a HTML page in excel and then see if you can attach a HTML file to a post. Otherwise send it to me and I can save it as a series of jpeg files for you to attach. My email address is gslnz@ihug.co.nz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: