OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Day 8 - The Wild Finish
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bald Man
The Myth.... The Legend

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 4:10 pm    Post subject: Day 8 - The Wild Finish Reply with quote

Stay tuned.
I'm getting some info about the unlimited final. Mark blew up an impeller on the first lap, floated down and got it changed in 4 minutes and was back out there. His crew is killer. Whitey and Neville were fighting it out with Neville caught behind Pooley!!! shock: Shocked . Great finish boys.
It sounds like Whitey, Cromie and Kelly are all within seconds of each other now. And I'm stuck at freaking work. That sucks.

Last edited by Bald Man on Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Bald Man
The Myth.... The Legend

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unofficially;
Mark Cromie was assest a DNF for not finishing in the required time frame; Rotten for him and his crew.
Neville got a real poor start and then got caught up behind Pooley.
Whitey comes from behind and WINS by 4 seconds, but there is a protest in against him for possible start line infraction.

Could be a booze shortage tonight. Shocked
On another note: DOC in the old Bald Eagle won "C" Class.
First made for TV movies, then a big win. What's next for Dave Anderson.

WC race07 068.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  192.94 KB
 Viewed:  25280 Time(s)

WC race07 068.jpg

Xerophobic

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW!

Talk about a wild race. I am not sure I have ever seen anything that exciting especially going from a leg which seemed meaningless to the deciding minute

Dale got off and drove like a raped ape using up an entire bottle of NOS. Cromey came around the top end corner visable to the grandstand bow high off plane much to the amazement of the crowds. It was really unbelivable since he only needed to finish to take the title. More amazing was the sight of him pulling in to the ramp and seemingly out of contention. So close yet so far.
Then it became a spectator game to calculate the numbers Dale needed to gain on Neville Kelly to pass him in the standings. While those gains were being manually calculated by a good number of fans suddenly Cromie reappeared on the course.
The next spectator game became finding an official who could give a positive answer as to how much time Cromie had to finish the leg.
Soon became aparent Dale was in fact making close to enough time on Kelly. Cromie was unlikely to make it in before the leg closed but no one seemed sure what the multiplication factors were(1.4 times fastest boat)
In the end it appears Dale made time on both Kelly and Cromie enough to take the title despite a DNF being assigned to Cromie for certain.

I cannot describe the atmosphere in the stands and the utter silence on the ramp next to the top 3 boats while the times were calculated.

It is most certainly NOT over till the fat lady sings.....

WAY TO GO DALE!!!!!!!

Cheers

wtraugr

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dale & Dana gettin ready

php5PyJ8TPM.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  80.4 KB
 Viewed:  25103 Time(s)

php5PyJ8TPM.jpg

ravencrew

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like one hell of a race guys! Shocked Wish I could have made the trip up there! Congratulations Very Happy Very Happy to all of the winners of their classes!!! Okay now it's time for Vinny to start editing the video so I can watch what you guys have described on the forum!!
WCT E-5
Outlaw Eagle Mod

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baldy see'n as you were not there you should keep your comment of the timers being confused to yourself - those girls worked their asses off for 9 days for free - the confusion is from people that don't know the whole story
Bald Man
The Myth.... The Legend

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By NO means was I saying anything bad or nasty about the job the timing girls were doing. I was trying to say that there must have been much going on in that timing building, with all that transpired in the last heat of the race. There was nothing said about the timing girls. I just should have grabbed a better choice of words.
Please don't think I was dissing anything or anyone. That was not my intention or thoughts. I'm very sorry if it came out that way. I know that the folks that put on this race up there do an excellent job, as I've always stated. I guess I just got caught up in the action from 400 miles away and was trying to sort out as to what was going on through the many phone calls I was getting. Again, I'm very sorry if I offended anyone. Embarassed Embarassed
Dave Allen AKA the Bald Man

Last edited by Bald Man on Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dano

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats to Dale and everyone else who won their class.

I do feel bad for Mark Cromie. After running such a strong race and not finishing at the end, I can only imagine the frustration him and his team must be going through.

I only got to see the first day of races but with everyone sharing pic's, video and their comments on the forums it was the next best thing to being there.

Thank you to the New Zealanders, the Mexicans, the Australian team and to our good friends from the South for making the long trip to Canada and providing us race fans with some great entertainment.

Safe trip home and hope to see ya all back here in 4 years. Very Happy

WCT E-5
Outlaw Eagle Mod

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to have gotten so defensive there - a few things were said by other people (not you) that were just examples of poor sportsmanship - and add a long week, a last heat with a twist, and some other goings on, and people's backs get up.

Everyone knows you are an awesome supporter of racers and racing and have always been terriffic to volunteers everywhere. Everyone who volunteers to put on these things knows that people like you make the events worth doing - sorry for being so cranky!

Hope to see you at the fall rally!?!
Rapidchaser

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 7:30 pm    Post subject: Super Event! Reply with quote

I just got home from the Races and I am exhausted. I have only one thing to say right now so as not to risk running off at the mouth.

A huge! Thank you to all the racers,fans,sponsors and the people who worked so hard to make this historical race such a complete success.
Emery

Bald Man
The Myth.... The Legend

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the NZ site.
overall results
u399 Dale Whiteside 5:51:41
u376 Neville Kelly 5:51:46
a299 Alex Robinson 5:55:18
a275 Glen Freeland 5:56:13
nza6 Neil Ross 6:09:40
sj07 Bob Hug 9:22:02
class u
u399 Dale Whiteside 5:51:41
u376 Neville Kelly 5:51:46
u354 Mark Cromie 5:55:59
class a
a299 Alex Robinson 5:55:18
a275 Glen Freeland 5:56:13
nza6 Neil Ross 6:09:40
class b
nzb25 Daniel Anderson 6:29:51
b126 Karey Crawford 6:31:03
b166 Mike Rowe 6:42:34
finally conviced her

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody have the final times for the FX class.
Itsworthit

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Emery, aka RC, I want to thank you and your family for the absolutely wonder full job you all did at the boat launch, you guys did a fantastic job, thank-you very much, from what I hear there are a number of others that should thank you also, once again THANK YOU sir, on behalf of the 2007 Worlds Committee
Rapidchaser

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karey,
I got all the thanks I needed from each and every one who participated in this event. From Fans, EMS, Fire, cooks, committee members, and from the racers from all five countries who did themselves proud.

I come away with deep emotions and great memories of 2007 worlds
Cheers,
Emery

Xerophobic

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep Im back in the office finally and trying to sort through emails galore

Thanks to Emery and EVERYONE that worked on this event. Most people would have no clue how much time and effort goes into making this big an event happen and it went off very well indeed. There are many unsung hero's in this type of thing and not the least of which I'd like to personally thank all the support boats and safety crews, EMS teams etc who make this type of racing not only possible but safe.

Stay tuned for alot more pictures and stories as camera's get downloaded and we all have time to sort out our stuff.

I gotta run i have some press releases to type Wink

Cheers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: