OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Delta bottom VS Step tec

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Captain Morgan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 8:46 pm    Post subject: Delta bottom VS Step tec Reply with quote

How much advantage is a step tec hull over a delta bottom in a 21ft and at what speeds does the step tec hull start working. Has any one heard of using like a box liner coating on the hull, to make more air under the boat or is this just a waste of money
Hitnrun
Outlaw Eagle Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dont quote me on this one but I believe that the step tec hull actually turns much better then the delta bottom boat. as far as speed I am not sure. I know the RLS Pro Series boat will throw you out if you are not careful in the way you handle it. This is a 20 foot boat with step tec bottom. It seems to handle very well at any speed. When we were testing the boat we could full throttle the boat and turn the boat as hard as the steering wheel would allow and it would break loose from the water and come around on its nose. I think that most delta bottom boats would break loose and you could loose control of the boat. I dont really know if this is the information you were looking for but I hope it helps. I am not really a boat guy I am a computer guy.
________
Toyota Information

Last edited by Hitnrun on Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:23 am; edited 1 time in total
MaxPower

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can tell you what I experienced with a 19'. I had a light weight 19' V radius bottom,and with the same motor my step hull is 7 mph faster. My old hull did have a couple dents, nothing major. The step hull feels better at all speeds. Cruises with less throttle, the only way it porpoises (and not much)is with a race nozzle at 20.5 degrees at cruising speed. Someone has to put a g-force meter in one of these, it feels like 1 G when cornering hard.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: