OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Gettin Stuck

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wayne

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 10:02 pm    Post subject: Gettin Stuck Reply with quote

Just bought my first jet boat, 1997 21 foot eagle sabre 351 redline. I live on the South Nahanni River NWT and have had some great trips, but have only travelled where I feel it was safe to put my old prop boat for fear of getting hung up on a sand bar in the middle of nowhere. Have searched the internet for info and looked for books addressing the same with no luck. Anyone have any pointers for a beginner with a morbid fear of getting "stuck" in the mud.
Snikwah

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These pics are mainly stucks on stones but may give some ideas on how to get out

http://www.nzjetboating.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=5454.0

Peter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wayne you're probably more concerned than you need to be Im sure. I can tell you as one who has also only had an alloy boat for short while that hitting the bottom and running dangerously shallow water takes some getting used to but it is so much fun at the same time.
Work you way into it and by all means surf the NZjetboating.com site for all the tips and tricks on how to get unstuck when you push your luck too much.
Does your boat have any bottom protection?
Seems alot of Kiwi's carrry "push sticks" which look like a cross between a paddle and a cricket bat lol If you hull is light enough to get the bow up some cruiser bumpers can be used to "roll" the boat back to deeper water.
I even carry a small 12V winch altho luckily have not had to use it(yet)!
Post some pics of your boat and hopefully other will chime in about running your model boat. I do this stuff with a 21 tunnel <shrugs>
You have some absolutly beautiful stuff to run up there from what I saw in Vince's video

Cheers

ntjetboater

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wayne,
This is the only community on the SNahanni.
Grab someone with a Park Liscence and head to the falls, it will be one of the best trips you can do in a jetboat! Also when you get past third canyon you can head up the FLAT rvr which can almost take you into the Yukon, tons of moose and sheep.
Back to the stuck issue...bring buddies to help push, just don't hit a sandbar on the liard, gravel is good to push on, over, but sand is like a suction cup.
Wayne did you look at an outboard jet this spring in YZF?
Welcome to the 4M and enjoy your boat.

SNahanni.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  146.81 KB
 Viewed:  13862 Time(s)

SNahanni.jpg

YKX

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:48 pm    Post subject: beaver water creek Reply with quote

looks like that could be a good run up to the mountains.

Try it next spring and give us a shout, we might be there.

YKX
JamesS

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wayne here's a link to Google Earth Viewer, it's a site that contains satelite photos of the entire world, you can zoom in on particular areas, tilt the camera, see roads, cities, etc....,.......it's a very useful site.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: